Tuesday, January 20, 2009

thoughts on today

...I am listening to President Obama's speech as I write this post. Here are my random thoughts.

I want to know who that older lady was that everyone hugged and kissed when coming down the stairs. She seemed to know them all.

I have no idea the weight he feels as he takes this job during this turbulent time in America but I am sure it is great. No matter how you felt of the outcome of the election, I do hope that everyone is behind him now and hopes he can bring positive changes. I know that I feel like that.

I love watching the people who are so overwhelmed with emotions.

I do believe President Obama is one of the best speakers I have ever listened to.

I just saw Caroline Kennedy looking quite reflective. I wonder what all she feels on this day.

I really do hope he can change the way the world sees America right now.

"people will judge you on what you can build, not what you can destroy" powerful words

It is amazing just how far we've come. Wouldn't Dr. King be so proud?

You know he just looked at his half-sister and laughed at her for crying. Brothers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. He is a very good speaker. I think that he is probably one of the most intelligent men to be elected to the presidency in quite a long time. I know that he won't be able to snap his fingers and change things immediately, but I hope that the country supports him in his endeavors to fix what needs to be fixed. Very exciting times!

Mom

Krista said...

It was a great speech. And I agree -- this must be a heavy burden, as well as a great honor. I simply cannot fathom why anyone would want to be president!