Wednesday, January 14, 2009

stir-crazy

...The weather is cold. It will be very cold tomorrow. But no snow in the forecast.

The last two days I have been basically stuck inside with a sick boy. Today, I have some catch-up errands to run.

I went to bed around 9:30 last night because I was feeling blue.

Winter. I can see how it can make a person feel down-in-the-dumps. My friend from Hawaii is constantly saying how she needs at least an hour of sun every day. I understand what she means.

I am ready to do something. I dream about snow skiing, hiking, horseback riding--something outdoorsy, away from the confines of the dreary house.

Yesterday I spent some time redoing my blog which got me into trouble with Rhett. He needed someone to play with. I think he, too, was getting a little stir-crazy. He would just stare out the door, wishing to run free outside.

I think I will go for a bike ride after Noah goes to school. Errands can wait. My sanity is at stake here.

If winter is getting the best of you, I hope you find something to make you happy today. Good luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of your blog. Hope the bike ride cheers you up!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I know the kids were stir crazy yesterday at school. I had a note from Matthew's saying he wouldn't sit still. Everyone needs some time outside and fresh air! Ready for a vacation? I am. Melissa

Krista said...

The new look of your blog made me happy!