Thursday, January 08, 2009

It's special.

...This picture was taken New Year's Eve. It is of the boys and their cousins (my sisters' and brother's kids) and they were toasting (with lemonade) the coming year at 9 pm. One of the reasons I love kids so much is their complete innocence about things. Cameron, Casey's son, heard we were toasting the New Year and ran through the house screaming, "We're having lemonade and toast! We're having lemonade and toast!"

Very funny. To Cam, it was the most special thing in the world. He was very disappointed when he realized there was no toast.

***
Yesterday, Noah got to go on a playdate with one of his new friends. The evening before, during supper, Noah wanted to tell Rhett the news. So he whispered to me, asking if it was okay. Rhett answered, (because Noah's whispering isn't very whispery) "I can handle it Noah. Just tell me."
Noah excitedly told his news. Playdate! Pump It Up! Lunch somewhere afterward! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Rhett said, "Awww."

I said, "I thought you said you could handle it!"

He answered, very sincerely, "I didn't know it was going to be Pump It Up."

That night at bedtime he asked if we could do something special the next day too.

Something special consisted going to Wal-mart and using their gift cards. Woo-who!

***

Have a wonderful day. I hope you do something that is special--even if it is only special to you.

2 comments:

Krista said...

It's always a good reminder, that kids think the simplest things are the most special.

Cheryl Wray said...

I love that picture, and so cute of the kids toasting with lemonade. We had a bunch of teenagers over and they toasted with sparkling grape juice. They were so cute with the toasts they came up with!