Friday, January 16, 2009

my rediscovery plan is going well so far

...I am aware that I might have scared people off by my post the other day. If it came on a little strong, well, it is just because I feel strongly about it.

Last night during our traditional "What did you do today?" conversation at supper, Noah says, "Mom, did you know that me and only one other kid knew that polar bears are endangered?"

Pride swelled within me. My kids are listening to me!

Then we had a long conversation about global warming and how it is not just one company named Global Warming that is heating up the Earth. (Rhett was a little confused. I hope I cleared that one up).

I also finished my honey book and it ended on some fairly positive things. About beekeepers who are bucking their own systems and returning to how nature takes care of things. It was good to hear.

I told Seth I want to put wildflowers and grasses in our backyard, you know, for our native pollinators and bugs. Because he loves me, he said "okay, treehugger." :)

Hey, I did say I wanted to rediscover my passion for the environment. I think I have done that, don't you?

It is Friday and I for one am glad. The week was long. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

A company named Global Warming. That just cracked me up. I love it!!

I do my part for the environment, but I know it's not enough. I'm trying, though...

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the bees and butterflies in the backyard. Hopefully, we are helping a little also. Sandy

Krista said...

I had a biscuit with honey last night and thought of you. :)

aimee said...

Sandy, I thought of your garden and my mom's garden and hope that both of your green thumbs will rub off on me. I love how yours and my mom's flowers attract butterflies and other insects.

Krista! I had a biscuit with honey last night too! Hee! Hee!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I can totally hear him saying that. :)