Monday, January 05, 2009

a belated happy new year to you

...Hello there! It has been awhile. Christmas and New Year's is over and today Rhett and Noah go to school and I have to go back to being homemaker. There is laundry to do and phone calls to make and dishes to wash, ect, but I do want to take a moment to give you a photo-heavy recap of my holiday.This is a part of the most gorgeous light display I have yet to see. Many numbers of trees are wrapped up like this all around the buildings where Seth works. It is beautiful and I am so glad I got to see it again this year.
My mom came the the weekend before Christmas to take the boys and me to The Nutcracker. This was the boys' birthday present from her. Seth drove us there and dropped us off by the door and we were so thankful because of the bitter cold wind (one of the last days it was cold for awhile--after that it warmed up and can you believe the spring-like weather we had for the last days in December?) Then Mom bought us all a Nutcracker and we settled down in our seats for the show. Rhett and Noah really enjoyed it and I am glad Mom took them. They had a weekend of culture that is for sure because the night before they went to an Okalahoma Thunder basketball game with their dad!
This is Christmas Eve night. The boys were just joking around but I thought it was fitting. Getting along during the holidays is so hard and there were many times I had to threaten that Santa was watching them but after Christmas, they did so much better. Maybe it was all the new stuff keeping them busy.
Rhett read Twas the Night Before Christmas for everyone that night. He did such a great job that no one noticed that our dog Scout was stealing Santa's cookies that was left for him on our coffee table. I can tell you she did not get anything for Christmas this year! :)
Here the whole Houston clan is posing for a picture in the park by the Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City. They all came here for Christmas and we all had a good time. The park was beautiful with all the lights. It was a great ending to the Christmas holiday.

I'm not done but I am quitting for today. Remember the laundry? Well, I've got loads to do! Ha! Ha!

5 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Looks like you guys had loads of fun over the holidays!!

Happy (belated) New Year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Love the lights! Sounds like you had a great time.

Christy

Anonymous said...

The family pic turned out great. I will have to get a copy of it from you. Good luck on the laundry - NEVER ENDING CHORE OF A MOM

Melissa

H Noble said...

Great photos and I love the one of the trees! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you had a pic of Scout stealing the cookies. Ha!

D.M. McGowan said...

Great pics. Christmas is about children and families.
You mention a desire for green. Take a look at www.managefootprint.com
Or you can join me at www.dmmcgowan.blogspot.com

Dave