Monday, January 26, 2009

a proud moment and birthday wishes

...Weekend news:

Rhett won 3rd place in his age division at the Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby! He also won for Most Nascar-Like Car. He was so excited. I, being on top of my game, still didn't have my camera charged from Christmas so no pictures, but as soon as I do charge my battery, I will get a picture of the car and Rhett with his medal.

We were happy for Rhett but this is the moment where we were most proud:

Noah was very sad after Rhett won his medal because he never won a medal, ever. Which is not true and a little self-absorbed, so I brushed him off with a "Noah, hush up and be happy for your brother." Seth then asked Noah what was wrong and Rhett overheard him repeat that he had never, ever won a medal. Without missing a beat, Rhett took off his medal and put it around Noah's neck. Seth and I both stood in awe of Noah's big brother and we had to wipe a couple of tears away.

***
Today is my dear friend Christy's birthday. Happy Birthday Christy! I hope you have a wonderful day. Big hugs from me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhett's heart is so big. Most children would not even think to feel sorry for their brother let alone share a medal his just won. Rhett is a very special person. I hope he never changes. Sandy

Krista said...

Well, that's the sweetest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Oh, very sweet story! :)

And thank you soooo much for the birthday wishes! I have had a great day -- so far Connor has taken the balloons off my flowers & ate some of my cookie bouquet. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Love you!

Christy

Cheryl Wray said...

Congrats to Rhett for his award. That's awesome! But even more awesome is how sweet he was to his brother. I know you were proud!