Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Batman, there's trouble!

...Rhett and Noah constantly crack Seth and me up. I wish I wrote down all the funny things they said because I always forget them. But not this time. I am sharing a Rhett funny with you tonight.

Seth had to wear a suit and tie today for work. (A quick aside: Why do you have to say "suit and tie"? Isn't it assumed if you wear a suit, the tie goes with it? Just wondering.) Anyway, he went to tell Rhett good-bye this morning and found Noah playing in the closet. (Yes, this is normal Noah behavior.) Seth was asking him what he was doing when Rhett said, "Hey, Dad, you look really nice today. You look just like Commissioner Gordon!" It took a minute for Seth to realize that Rhett was talking about Mr. Gordon from Batman! He is the guy who quotes this blog title in one of the many Batman books we have. My husband said he laughed all the way to work.

In a totally related story, Noah thinks I am Batgirl because tonight I put on my orange shirt with a black bat symbol on the front. He thinks I'm cool. How long does that last? Just wondering because I want to be prepared for the day when I put on my orange shirt with the bat on the front and the boys look at me, roll their eyes and say, "Mother! Please!"

I guess I'll worry about that later. Tonight Commissioner Gordon and Batgirl are going to bask in their high coolness factor.

3 comments:

H Noble said...

I love it! Kids are hilarious, without even trying to be and yes, you do need to write their sayings down. I've started taking notes on Jared's wisdom so I can use them in scrapbook layouts. My current favorite: "Nana, me and Papa's got a lot 'o work to do." Seriously, Nana, how could you not know that?
I love Batman too! So I really appreciate that you guys are cool!
H

Krista said...

You know that Uncle Chris is going to love this story!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know we have such famous people in our family! Sandy