Friday, September 29, 2006

baby, it's cold outside

...really! Why am I so excited about it being cold outside? Because this is the first time in 4 years that I have experienced a cold morning in September. And it is wonderful. Not so when you are standing in the wind while waiting on the bus, which was late, but wonderful when you are cozy and warm inside, hearing the wind outside.

It is also Friday and October begins in a couple of days. I was thinking out loud last night that we need to get our flu shots soon, before realizing the person I was "thinking out loud" to was Rhett. Rhett is terrified of shots. TERRIFIED. It takes 3 people to hold him down when he gets one. So, of course, he starts crying before I have to chance to take it back. (I take it back! I take it all back! I didn't say anything about shots!) We told him it wouldn't happen today or tomorrow or even this weekend. Still, he totally freaked out about it. This morning he even asked me about it, but much more calmly: "Will the flu shot be just a quick little poke?" Man, that was totally my bad mommy move of the month.

Have a wonderful Friday and remember to get your flu you-know-whats soon!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Justin has Rhett's shot-phobia. I was trying to convince him just yesterday of the importance of it. I had to pull out the "I'm a nurse" card, but he finally ended the conversation with, "Is it in the arm or the butt?" so maybe he has conceded.
I love the cooler weather too!
H

Anonymous said...

I hate, hate, hate, needles! I am definitely with Rhett on this one. Be sure and tell him that Christy has never had a flu shot before and she has never caught the flu (I just knocked on wood.), so I fully support the little man's objections to the shot. :) We had our dose of cool weather - 70's, it is back to the 90's for the weekend.
Christy