Monday, September 25, 2006

sniff, sniff, hack, hack

...Both of my sons have coughs and stuffy noses. Seth is just now getting over a cold. I had a cold two weeks ago. You know what this means? Fall is here!

There are good things about Fall too but I am having a hard time convincing the boys that cooler weather is here. They still want to go barefoot outside and wear shorts and no shirts at night. I don't blame them. They have never experienced autumn weather (at least Noah never has; Rhett has but doesn't remember it). So this is a new thing for them.

I love when Fall comes around. It means cooking comfort food that makes you feel warm and cozy. Tortilla soup, anything with squash, warm apple pie, hot chocolate, lasagna, fresh baked bread...yum.

Fall means the holidays are soon coming. Which means I really need to finish the projects around the house before our families come in November. Today I am tackling the guest bathroom. The wallpaper must go! (And believe me, if you had seen it, you would agree).

Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Can you come take out the wallpaper in our bathroom (and kitchen, and dining room) when you're done? That would be swell, thanks.

H Noble said...

Sorry your boys are sick- that's no fun. Don't you just love fall?! Its my favorite time of year. I got so excited at the grocery store the other day because they has pumpkins and unique squash and gourds for sale- of course I've made a centerpiece for the kitchen table!
How was your weekend at home?
H