Sunday, September 17, 2006

Celebrating 29

…This Friday, I turn 29. So this week, I am celebrating with lists that go from 1 to 29 of different things. Why? Because it is fun. Because it made me appreciate the things I take for granted, like being a mom. Because it is my birthday and I can do it if I want to. Hee. Hee.
And because it is my birthday week (yes, I am calling the whole week my birthday week) I want you to interact too. I’ll tell you what you need to do at the end of the post.
So here is my first list of the week.

29 reasons why I love being a mom:
1. Rhett
2. Noah
3. Getting to play the games I loved when I was a kid
4. Baking chocolate chip cookies (and sharing them so I won’t eat the whole batch!)
5. Snuggle time
6. Reading at bedtime
7. My children’s laughter
8. Leg hugs
9. Sweet, sloppy kisses
10. Chocolate covered faces
11. Little hands
12. Toothless grins (as a baby and then when they lose their baby teeth)
13. My kids wanting me to jump on the trampoline with them
14. Watching them learn new things (this week, Rhett learned how to whistle and climb the monkey bars!)
15. Teaching them about God’s love
16. Dancing with the boys
17. It is never boring, ever
18. Teaching them jokes
19. Listening to their stories
20. The unconditional love I feel
21. That when they get hurt or sick, no matter what their age, they still need me
22. Watching them sleep
23. Each day I find a reason to love them more
24. Seeing Seth’s and my traits in the boys is truly amazing
25. The things kids say! (The other day, Noah said, “Mom, I wish I were God.” Me: “Uhh, you do? Well, that’s a big job. A lot of responsibility. I don’t think you really want to be God.” Noah: "Well, I just want a magic stick like Him." I think he meant the rod that Moses and Aaron used.)
26. Cooking with the kids
27. Getting to watch Disney movies with them (or going to Disney on Ice! That was pretty neat, by the way!)
28. Being a superhero (even if it is just pretend)
29. Being a mother makes me appreciate my own mother and my husband’s mother so much!

Now, it is your turn. Give me one reason why you love what you do. Whether it is being a parent, a spouse, or what you do for a liveing, or being a Christian---I’ll let you decide that. Just click on the word “comments” right below this post and get to typing! Have a great day!

5 comments:

H Noble said...

Free Flights, Baby!

---
Ok so that was so guy and materialistic.
---
I love the cool summer nights on the Plains of West Texas with a little football action.

Krista said...

One reason I love being a mom...I love reading to the kids. I have a lot of books saved from my childhood and it's so much fun revisiting Frances and Dooly and the Harry the Dog. I can't wait til the girls are older and I can start reading "chapter books" like Ramona to them.

Great idea, Aimee! And happy birthday week to you!

H Noble said...

Happy Birthweek Aimee! I celebrate my birth month, so I understand!

I love being a daughter because I can love my mom and dad in ways that only a daughter can. (Who else would buy my dad a croquet set for his birthday, and let him win? Just kidding!)
H

Anonymous said...

I love being so many things, a friend (Happy upcoming b-day Aimee!), a wife, a sister, ... but I love being a teacher. I may not get paid much, but what other way can one share their self with so many kids. 160 plus students x 7 years...and I am still really loving what I do! Hey, and my parents are getting their money out of that Tech degree!

Christy

Anonymous said...

I love all my roles: sister, friend, daughter, teacher, wife. It's hard to pick my favorite so I'll list a reason I like each.

sister-I love having that bond with people who understand where I come from.

friend-I love sharing my special moments, joys, concerns etc. with people who make me a better person.

daughter-I love the bond I have with my mom and know I can call her anytime.

teacher-I LOVE my job and the wonderful kids who inspire me to do my best.

wife-I love having someone to laugh and cry with and share all the wonderful life moments.