Thursday, September 07, 2006

the things that impress


...little children. Ok, I was impressed too. We bought a new washer and dryer the other day because our old ones were leaving rust stains on our clothes. As my dad would say, "Bad business." Especially on Seth's work clothes.

Anyway, the impressive part is that our washer is the front-loading kind. That means you can see the clothes spin around in soapy water. The boys love that! And it really is kind of mesmerizing to watch.

The negative thing is that you need to use High Efficeincy detergent with this washer. Well, I just bought a huge bottle of regular detergent at Sam's. We are talking 96 loads here. So we had to go and buy some of this HE detergent. I told Seth I felt like a laundry snob. No, I don't use the regular detergent. Only HE for this household. Sniff.

But I am excited about it. It will be nice to wash something and it come out cleaner than it went in.

Ok, I just realized I devoted a whole post on laundry. I gotta go now before I start talking about the advantages of using non-chemical cleaners over chemical ones. Or what takes out the toughest stains in the boys' bathtub. Now that is impressive.

6 comments:

H Noble said...

No Holly you can't have one, although I might do more (or any at all, as the case might be) laundry if I could see it go round and round. Like the discovery channel in our own house!
J

H Noble said...

Oh, Lord. Don't get him started on the discovery channel. If I ever get the remote (yeah, right) and flip through the channels and then say "there's nothing on", Justin says, "well, did you check the discovery channel?" No, I did not because you are the only person in the world that watches it! Ok, Mark too, but seriously, how many hours of the shuttle getting ready to launch can one endure?!

And congrats on your new appliances! That's always exciting! Laundry snob!
H

Abbey said...

Joel watches both channels too. Along with the military channel. I'm always hearing..."We make the so and so system for that tank!"

I'm jealous of the new machine. Maybe I'll send you my laundry too! Then you can justify the fancy soap!

aimee said...

No discovery channel or history channels watched at my house. Just pure uneducational stuff here!

Julie said...

Love the pic of the boys watching the washer. So scrappable.(LOL)

Krista said...

Well, not to totally out myself as a big nerd, but I watch the Discovery Health Channel, although only while ironing. It is simply amazing the number of things that can go wrong with the human body.

Aimee, we should totally talk about cleaners!