Monday, September 11, 2006

my evening out

...was absolutely wonderful! Because the Julie Andrews event was downtown, at night, Seth did not feel comfortable with me going alone (in truth--I didn't want to deal with the parking situation) so he and the boys drove me to the music hall and then they went to Bricktown to have some fun.

Dame Julie Andrews was just lovely. I can't think of any other word to describe her. She talked of her life as a young girl, told stories about meeting Walt Disney and all the leading men that were in her movies, relayed humorous antedotes about her life and was so gracious to everyone. You could tell she was totally in control of the whole situation, but she did have a question/answer session where she talked candidly about who was the best kisser. (She picked James Garner! I think it was because he is from Norman and she knew how to get in good graces with Oklahoma people with that answer). The total event was very enjoyable for me.



Then, I called Seth and was picked up quickly and we went to Marble Slab for dessert. I was not allowed to take a picture of Julie, so I took a picture of my three main guys, enjoying their ice cream. Seth had taken them to the Bass store to look at all the fish and Sonic, one of Noah's favorite places. I am very thankful for him. He wanted to watch the UT/Ohio State game (not because he likes UT but because he thought it would be a good game--had to make that clear) but instead he took care of the boys while I did what I wanted. Sweet.

What better way to spend a Saturday night than with Mary Poppins, sweet boys, an amazing husband and good ice cream? I sure can't think of any.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect nite to me -- how luck to hear all of that -- is she beautiful in person?

That ice cream pic is soo precious!!!!! Love it!!!!

H Noble said...

Sounds fantastic A! I'm glad you got to go. Don't you just love Marble Slab? Actually, if its ice cream, its ok with me. But my favorite is Cold Stone. Anyway!

So sad that you couldn't take a picture!
H

Krista said...

I'm jealous that you got to meet Maria! She sounds fabulous.

I am addicted to Marble Slab "Birthday Cake" ice cream. Ice cream that tastes like frosting! Delicious!

Anonymous said...

I am with Holly with Cold Stone - it is the best! Now we have three here in Lubbock.

Glad you were pleased with Julie. I hate it when you go to a concert or to hear someone speak and they are nothing like you expected, so it is nice when celebrities live up to your picture of them. I suspect it doesn't happen too often!

Christy