Thursday, September 21, 2006

i'm 29!

...just in case you didn't get that from my posts this week. Ha! Ha! So, technically, it is not midnight yet, so I'm not officially 29, but its pretty close.

Thursday was a good day. It rained really hard so my picnic and nature walk was out, but we had fun baking a cake (tell you more about that later), and going to the new Wal-mart. Seriously, they had fun. Good times.

Speaking of good times, I think I owe you one more list. I was going to do a "29 reasons I am glad I'm 29" list, but honestly, I could not think of more than 10. I'll give you my #1 though: It is not 30. :)

This list is going to be a little easier and a lot of fun. Here it is:

29 fun things to do for your birthday
1. Bake a cake. The boys and I made a Chai Tea Buttercream Golden Layer Cake with Fudge Dip on the side. Sound good? It was.
2. Eat 2 pieces of the cake you baked. Yes, I did. Seriously.
3. Watch the premiere of 3 of your favorite shows. Thanks to DVR, we were able to watch The Office, Grey's Anatomy (that is where Seriously is coming from, in case you don't watch this show), and ER.
4. Have someone take your picture. Noah took this one of me.

5. Show your sweetie how to do yoga to relieve a stuffy nose. He was doubtful, but it worked!
6. Paint your kitchen red! Yes, I did and I love it!
7. Enjoy the cards that your friends and family sent you! Thanks by the way!

8. Have a flour mini-fight. With boys, you can't have a full fledge flour fight or it would be everywhere, so we each put a small dab on our faces. See my white nose?
9. Stay up late writing silly lists. Yep, it is late and I'm gonna regret it in the morning. But it is my birthday and I can stay up late if I want to. :)
10. Eat a third piece of cake. Okay, I am just kidding. I did not have a third piece of cake. Promise. Thought about it. But did not do it.
11. Take your boys to Sonic for lunch. They love Sonic. And I have to admit, their tater tots are very good.
12. Eat Chinese food on your day. They boys got Sonic, so I get Chinese food on my day. Yummy!
13. Make a layout. Hopefully, I will get to do one in the morning.
14. Wish your twin brother "Happy Birthday" in person. I get to see him and Cameron and give them their b-day gifts. We are very excited!
15. Go on a trip. The boys and I are going to go see my parents and Seth's parents this weekend. We are looking forward to going! Seth can't come this time. And he will be missed. So...
16. Laugh with your sweetie. We had a great time watching The Office together. I love hearing Seth's laugh. It is the best.
17. Make one of your favorite foods. I made calzones tonight. The easy version. I haven't made those in forever and just felt like doing it tonight.
18. Hide from your kids. Just for the fun of it.
19. Give your sons an extra hug. Even when they are stalling before going to bed.
20. Watch your child go across the monkey bars.
21. Pretend you are going across the monkey bars too.
22. Dance in the middle of your living room.
23. Make a new friend. I talked to one of the mothers at Noah's preschool today for a few minutes. And even though it made me late picking up Rhett, I was glad I did it. She is really nice and it is great when a new friendship is found.
24. Sing the big, bad wolf song with your child. Noah learned the story of the 3 little pigs today and so we sang, "Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?" together. I loved it!
25. Thank God for all the blessings you have been given. Because he has given me a full cup.
26. Thank God for your family. Because he has given me the greatest family I could ask for.
27. Thank God for your friends. Because he has given me wonderful, thoughtful, loyal friends.
28. Thank God for my husband. Because he has given the man who is right for me.
29. Sing Happy Birthday to yourself in the shower. Where else?

Well, look at the time: it is my birthday officially now. I am 29. Here's to another year. Thanks to everyone for participating in my lists. And tell me what you do to celebrate your birthday. I would love to know.

Have a great day! I know I will!

4 comments:

H Noble said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE (and Casey too!)!!!!!!! Glad you had a good day even though your nature walk was scrapped. Sounds fantastic and I would love a piece of that cake!
We sing in the shower too, to ourselves, to each other, to the cat, whoever is in the room. That's what feeling young is all about!
Justin and I have been really fortunate to have outstanding birthdays the last couple of years- ours are a week apart so we celebrate big! Last year we took a road trip to North Carolina, stopping to visit Heather in Nashville and then with Clint and Erin in NC. This year we went to Jacksonville, Florida for the weekend. Memories! (BTW, I haven't made my Florida layout yet b/c I want it to be really cool, so pass on any ideas- we did a lighthouse tour, the beach, quaint St. Augustine tour, rented a convertible! Woohoo!)
Love you! Happy B-day!
H

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday Aimee!
J

aimee said...

Mom, thank you. Very much. I love that quote and love it even more because you believe it to be me. :) Love you!

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Aimee!

Your cake looks yummy. Maybe it should be on the Thanksgiving menu?

I tried some Chai Tea latte and to be honest it tasted like liquid Big Red gum. Maybe it's an acquired taste?

And...to celebrate my birthday, I like to take the day off work (especially since the great Ice Storm Traffic Debacle of '05) and sleep late. The sleeping late hasn't happened since 2001, but maybe someday!

Oh, and the TMBG album you want is "Flood." Build a little birdhouse in your soul!