Monday, March 05, 2007

the boy who never grew up

...came to a high school in Edmond yesterday. The drama department put on the play "Peter Pan" using the Broadway costumes and sets and all I can say is, "Wow." I have never seen a high school play like that before. I don't know if something is in the water here, but there are very talented young people here in this part of Oklahoma. The talent ranges from singing to dancing to modeling to acting to becoming Miss America to becoming a gold medalist Olympian in gymnastics (Shannon Miller). And the teenagers who were in this play were no exception. The lead was fantastic and is graduating a year early to follow her dream and go to New York to see if she can make it on Broadway. I think there are 2 or 3 others that could do the same if they chose to. So, yeah, I was pretty impressed. I dragged the boys and Seth to see it too. It was 2 1/2 hours long but the boys sat through all of it. The only thing Noah didn't like was that Peter Pan was a girl. He looked at me and said, "Mom. Peter Pan is a boy. Why does he sound like a girl?" I told him what that the part of Peter was played by a girl but it was okay because she was doing a great job. He didn't seem convinced. :) Other than that, they really liked it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made all of them go. You are lucky to be in a place to see such things. Just think what Rhett and Noah will have a chance to do!!! Sandy

Krista said...

Sounds great! I always thought it was weird that Peter Pan was played by females too, though!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the boys liked it. Peter Pan has always been one of my favorites.

Mom

H Noble said...

I'm with Noah- I never did get behind Blair Jones playing Puck. :)
That's great that you have the opportunities that you do; we feel that way about medical opportunities/choices here in Dallas.
H