Wednesday, March 14, 2007

warning: not for the squeamish

...We pretty much had a normal day. We played outside a lot because of the nice weather. We went to Tae Kwon Do as usual. Then Seth came home a little early and played with the boys outside a little more. It was getting late and I almost...almost...decided to just put the boys to bed without a bath. (Seth had given them a shower the night before). But then I thought, "No, they smell like the outside so they need one." So, in hopped Noah into the bathtub. I almost...almost...let him wash himself. I have been doing that more since he is 4. But I decided to help him this time. That is when I noticed something on his chest. I pulled it off and shrieked because it was a TICK! Ack!

The good news is that it wasn't hard to pull it off so Seth said that it might not have even bit Noah. But I am still going to call the doctor today. And keep a good eye on that sight for a while.

You should have seen me. I totally freaked out. I was vacuuming Noah's room, his shoes, his backpack, I washed his clothes in hot water, we were checking every inch of both boys' bodies (and our own!), and after the boys' baths, Seth and I both got showers. We were feeling rather itchy and icky, you know?

So now on our agenda is to spray the yard, get OFF for the boys and body check the boys after playing outside. We also helped our dogs out with the flea and tick guard.

If you are wondering why I posted this, it is to warn you--the bugs are back. They have had a nice winter rest but now they want to play. And bite. My sons.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Phoebe had a tick this week too. Mallory's had one or two every summer, I think. I've had two. One left a scar and still itches sometimes. Ticks are gross!

My pediatrician told me that they have to be embedded for at least 24 hours in order to pass an infection. Still, ick!

H Noble said...

Eww! I hate those things. Justin has brought them home from Boy Scout camp more than once and I hate it every time!
Hopefully that's an isolated incident!
H