Thursday, March 01, 2007

blowin' in the wind

...It is March 1! March to me means lots and lots of wind. And that is usually when we have soccer and baseball practice and games so that means sitting outside in the windy wind. Not too much fun if you ask me. But I am excited that Noah starts soccer this year. I can't believe he is old enough. I mean two years ago, when Rhett was 4, he started soccer. And Noah hated going to practices (because he had to stand outside in the blowing dust probably) and he hated going to games because what 2 year old wants to sit and watch soccer? And now he is the one playing. Wow. I think 4-year-old soccer is hilarious because there is one big blob of kids running...they don't really know where, they don't really know why...they just know that have to run. Oh and there is this ball that their coaches and parents keep telling them to get, to take away from the other team and their whole lives they have been taught not to take toys away and all of the sudden we are yelling at them to Take it away!? it has to be confusing.
Seth took Noah to get his brand new soccer shoes the other day and you should have seen him--he was so proud!
You notice that they are silver. Very cool. His first game is next Saturday so I will let you know how it goes. It should be interesting. Seth and I don't know how Noah will act. He doesn't like to lose, he doesn't like when things don't go his way and he doesn't like when things are taken away from him. I know, what kid does like that, but with Noah he just gets so...mad. So we will see.
Rhett has to wait awhile until t-ball starts. I think it is toward the end of March. I have heard that baseball is very competitive here (even in t-ball) so I am hoping that he is on a team that likes to have fun and practices hard, but it is okay if they lose. And isn't on a team that is their sole purpose is to win. Another wait and see answer. And the answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. Because its March and really windy outside. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Noah his shoes are way cool!
Let us know how his game goes on Sat. Sandy

Krista said...

I have to admit that this is one of the main reasons I'm glad I have girls -- no sports! (At least not for a while.) But your description of the soccer game is hilarious! And Noah looks great in his silver shoes.

H Noble said...

I can't believe you are officially a "Soccer Mom"!!!!! Don't blow away, and take lots of pictures.
H

Toby E. said...

Tell Noah good luck!! My mom has pictures of my soccer days at age 4, and they are of that little clump running up and down the field. I can't help but laugh at the cuteness of it!
And forgot to say yesterday: Congrats to Rhett!!

Anonymous said...

I can just see Noah throwing a huge fit on the field because some kid steals the ball away from him! His shoes are so great though. Have a fun game - both you and Noah.

Mom