Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rhett's turn

...It seems like I have had a lot of stories about Noah lately so I thought I would share some things about Rhett. First, a layout with pictures of the first time Rhett wore his boots:

The lyrics to the right are from a Merle Haggard song. I know about Merle Haggard because of Seth. He loves to listen to old country. My dad might have listened to Merle too, but all I remember Dad listening to is Johnny Cash.

A side note: I downloaded two Johnny Cash songs to my Zune and the boys and I were listening to "I Walk the Line" and Rhett looked very confused during the whole song. Finally, he said, "I just don't get it." Hee! Hee! This is funny because I probably thought the same thing when I had to listen to him back when I was a kid. (Does that sentence make me sound really old or what?)

Anyway, Rhett has a thing about his boots. Whenever he wears them, he must wear them with a button-down shirt, buttoned all the way up, his cheap straw hat and his shirt tucked with his green canvas belt. Yes it makes me giggle everytime. On Monday, his friend told him that he would invite Rhett to eat with him. (They make all sorts of plans without asking the moms). I told him that his mom needed to call first. Well, he just knew he would be going. Later that day, he came in my room dressed up in his cowboy attire (with his cargo pants by the way) and it was so cute. He tries so hard to look his best!

Today, he did yoga with me. It was so fun because he had me laughing with all his shrieks and squeals and moos (during the cow pose, he actually mooed) and I thought to myself, "Why have I not done this with him before now?" It was a lot more fun with him than it is by myself!

Oh and he starts t-ball practice on Saturday! Ack! I really didn't think it was going to be that soon! Oh well.

So anyway, that is a little about Rhett. Just to be fair. :)

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Christy said...

LOVE the LO and those boots are great! he looks too cute! i love to go and watch my little cousins play t-ball its so much fun =) hope you all have a great time on Saturday

Erica said...

I love all of those old country songs. My favorite was Eddie Rabbitt!

H Noble said...

Cute! I love that he has it all planned out; a little like his dad, no?
Ahhh... old country. I love it! And it doesn't get any better than Johnny Cash!
H

Anonymous said...

It's funny to think that you actually downloaded some Johnny Cash! Gary will be proud.

Love the boots and hat LO.

Mom

Krista said...

Rhett's so funny. I love his careful attention to fashion!