Friday, March 30, 2007

rhett and noah update


...The boys are recovering from a week of no school finally. Yes, I know it is Friday and they've been to school all week, but they sure were cranky the beginning of this week!
****
We had no sports practice or games this week on account of being rained out. So that means extra games next week. Rhett is really ready to start his t-ball games. I don't think Noah cares one way or the other about his soccer games. Ahh, being a 4-year-old. So carefree...
****
Rhett had his first real phone call the other day (which means someone other than the grandparents called him, and him alone, to talk to him. That is nice too, but usually they want to talk to Seth or me too). His best friend from school called him. It was so cute! They talked for about 45 minutes-I finally had to tell him to say good-bye. And the things they would talk about were just hilarious. Here is a snipnet of what I heard:

R: So, what do you think of potty talk?
---
R: But, do you talk potty talk?
---
R: Yeah, when my cousin talks potty talk, I usually do then too.


R: Next year, what school are you going to?
R: Mom, what school am I going to?
I told him. His friend will not be going to the new school being built in our neighborhood. Actually, he is not even in Rhett's current school's district. He and his brother go there because it has a very good Autism program and his older brother is autistic. Anyway...
R: (back to his friend). I'm going to a new school.
R: Oh. What's auctisism?......Oh.

I mean, they had some conversations now! Rhett knows his friend's phone number by heart. I was impressed. Of course, he thought his arm would never be the same again after he got off the phone. I guess he didn't know to switch ears and his arm got stiff! :)
****
I'm going to break in here and tell you about a really good cause: Ali Edwards, a professional scrapbooker and very inspiring person, has a son who is autistic. She has a badge from Six Degrees, which is for raising funds for Autism Speaks Inc. If you know of someone with autism or just know of it, you probably know that 1 in 150 children are diagnosed with it. I encourage you to look at Six Degrees and see what Kevin Bacon has been up to lately with his charitable efforts and then go to Ali Edward's blog and check out her badge for Autism Speaks. And then think about donating for a good cause.

****

I have a little parent-teacher conference with Noah's teachers today. It is standard, he's not in trouble! I told Noah about it and he goes, "I'm doing good Mom. I'm doing real good." Not worried at all, is he?

****
And the picture above is one I'm very proud of. They are doing so well in Tae Kwon Do. They listen to the coach, they are ready to learn new things and they catch on pretty fast. It is great to see them so focused!
****
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long do their white robes stay white? (I wasn't sure what the correct name was - robes?) I was sure you were going to say Rhett had a call from a girl. That isn't too far away. I can't believe they talked 45 min. It is a shame you can't have a tape of that call to keep. Love to all, Sandy

Krista said...

I love Rhett's conversation. 45 minutes is a long time!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh - I love the outfits. I knew you were waiting on the second one to be available. They look great and I've already seen their moves in person and I know they are good.

Christy