Monday, October 15, 2007

celebrations


...Noah's school celebrated Oklahoma's Centennial Birthday last Thursday. They even got their picture made for the newspaper! Then they had a parade around the gym, waving Oklahoma flags, blowing on kazoos and wearing Wally the Worm glasses (he is the mascot of the school). I love that my boys get to celebrate the state's historical birthday. It is pretty cool.

Speaking of cool, the coolness factor went way down in our house on Saturday night. We went to a costume/birthday party and Seth got the idea for us to dress like nerds! The coolness factor went even furthur down when we realized it took us virtually no time at all to look like nerds. Seriously, no time.

I wish you could have seen the bottom half of our costumes. I had knee high socks and a kleenex sticking out of my shorts for allergies (unfortunatly, I really had to use it because my nose ran all night!) Seth wore white socks with his dress shoes and don't you love his teeth? (Oh, Krista and Mom, do you see my bangs? I wasn't lying when I told you I was going to get them! And when they don't look like this, I really like how I look with them. ;) )

Anyway, everyone loved our costumes. They even said we were the best couple's costume. After awhile, I took my glasses off and then I got a scare. Someone thought I came as Britny Spears! Aaaaahhhh! Hee. Hee.

The yellow things are my sons. Rhett is Frankenbob Squarepants. I made that little ditty myself! He wore it for exactly 2 minutes. Oh well. There is still Halloween night. Noah is Picachu from Pokeman. And no I don't know if that is how you spell that or not or even what Picachu does.

The boys have 3 days of school this week and then it is fall break! And they are getting a big surprise (well, they sort of know, but you don't, so isn't that still a surprise?) on Wednesday, hopefully. I will be sure to let you know when it happens. :)

Be sure and have a good day. And remember to recycle old magazines. I did that over the weekend and I feel so good about myself. Oh and I also made all of this week's meals on Sunday. I am so happy about that! Not only that, they are good for us! I'll have more about that another day...

Lastly, my nephew turns 7 today. Nicolas, I cannot believe you are 7 already. I still remember when you came to meet Rhett for the first time (you were 4 months, Rhett was 2 months old). Now you are a rocking 1st grader! You have a high coolness rating in our house. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute costumes! You did a good job on Rhett's costume. And you do realize that Britney Spears has two little boys too. Just joking - you are a much better mom and a much better person than she is!

Mom

Sherry said...

I'm laughing out loud...what fabulous costumes!!! Hope you had a really good time...you certainly looked like you were ready for a good time!! DH looks like Jerry Lewis in the Nutty Professor!!!!!!

H Noble said...

You guys looked great! Too funny! And Justin and I can sadly pull off nerds too easily too!
H