Monday, October 22, 2007

this is

...This is the playset that we got for our boys (and for me) to swing and have fun.
This is Noah and Rhett's reactions to the playset we got for them to swing and to have fun.
***
This is the wonderful surprise that we found by taking a side road to Turner Falls on the way to Fort Worth for our weekend of fun. Beautiful.
This is the first thing the boys wanted to do when we got to Fort Worth Stockyards because it was a longhorn and they thought their Grandmom would love it because she is a big UT fan. The longhorn's name: Pecos Bill.
This is the cowboy hat that Rhett wanted so badly when we got to the Stockyards (I bought one too!) This is Noah who bought....a rubber yo-yo frog. Sigh.
This is the friendly cowboy who said, "Howdy" to the boys during the longhorn cattle drive that we watched at the Stockyards during our weekend of fun.
This is the Botanic Gardens, which is where I wanted to go during our short little trip to Fort Worth. The Conservatory was neat. This is the waterfall that was there. But the Japenese Gardens is what we liked the best. It was peaceful, beautiful and serene. It had a meditation garden, lots of bamboo, a huge koi pond and many interesting things.
This is just funny. (found at the Japanese gardens)
This is just funny too. This is at the Fort Worth Zoo where we met Seth's brother and his family and spent 4 hours looking at animals and trying to keep a hold of our animals, I mean, kids. Noah and I found these turtles and they just look hilarious.
This is Matthew, Noah, Rhett and Sara who had a lot of fun together. They all got tired and cranky (but then again, so did the adults) but we all had a great time. I am glad that we met them during our weekend of fun.
And this is to my friends in the Fort Worth area: Sorry we didn't call and see if we could visit you. It was really a quick trip and we were already meeting family there. I thought about all of you though when we were stuck in traffic and wished and hoped that you didn't have to do that every day. The traffic was terrible. I think I have become quite spoiled. Oklahoma City does have traffic, but not to any degree of what Dallas/Fort Worth has.
Anyway, this is me, signing off so I can enjoy one more day of Fall Break. My neighbor brought over some corn chowder and since it is rainy and cold outside, I am going to enjoy every bite.
Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the picture of the boys on the longhorn. Tell them thanks! Glad that you had a good weekend. We did too. Nicolas had a great birthday.

Mom

Cheryl Wray said...

This is me saying...GREAT POST!!! Your pictures are fantastic and it looks like you all had such a wonderful time. Fort Worth is such a cool place to visit!!

Sherry said...

Making memories along the way of life...the little things you'll remember forever (with or without the excellent photographs). What a wonderful time!!
As for the swings..I'll be right over...my favourite thing to do always!!

Krista said...

That looks like a very very fun weekend! Love the turtles.

TheLudlows said...

Amiee,
I grew up in Ft Worth. Thanks for the memories! I have the same pic of me and my brother by the monkeys!
Charissa

(Got the link form Holly's blog)

Toby E. said...

I live in the DFW area and have since I was six. So it's nice to see it through a visitor's eyes again!!
I have a pic of my fam with the longhorn too. We were there showing my husband's (now mine too) kids where we were going to have the wedding in the stockyards.

P.S. Finally blogging again...feel free to check it out.
I love stopping in to your's! I so enjoy your stories and upbeat posts!!!

H Noble said...

Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation. I do too! Glad you got to do some fun stuff and enjoy the time with family.
H