Tuesday, October 30, 2007

odds and ends

...The 142 pumpkin whoopies went to the Fall Festival and everyone who tried them loved them. There were way too many leftover but thanks to my neighbors who really loved them, I didn't get too many back.
*
Boiling eggs was for the egg race. I agree with Justin. I thought boiling eggs was silly for a game that no one really liked. Oh well.
*
I didn't tell you that the pumpkin Rhett and I carved won 2nd prize at the Festival. Oh yeah! I'll show you a picture of it on my Halloween post tomorrow. It was a great one!
*
Today, I heard on the news that not making your bed is actually healthier for you. Dust mites don't like the dry environment. If you are neat and tidy and make it, then the dust mites will be loving the warm, moist sheets. Ewww. Good thing we rarely make our bed around here!

Seriously, I don't make a big deal about making beds. Usually we don't have time. Sometimes around the middle of the day, we might get to it but that is only on weekends when Seth is home and he is the one to do it. :) Oh and when we have guests. Of course.
*
Rhett and I also made a turkey for a school project. It is hilarious and cute. I'll show you a picture of that too sometime.
*
Noah actually got sick of wearing his Pokeman costume. He has worn it at least 4 times and it is not even Halloween yet. So today, at his Halloween party, he is wearing Spider-man. Thank Goodness I saved those old costumes!
*
I've got to go to the party and help so have a great Tuesday!!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Glad the pumpkin whoopies were a hit!!

You've made my day Aimee...I'm so glad to know that not making your bed is healthy!!! I'll take a huge dose of that!!! ;)

I'm laughing about the costumes...4 days of one costume and now sick of it..and not even Halloween...oh yeah, you have to love kids!! Always have spares on hand!! ;)

H Noble said...

Your week sounds exhausting! Now I know why you can't yet commit to Saturday! I would love to see you, but believe me, if you want to rest I completely understand.
H

Krista said...

I'm glad there's scientific support for not making the beds! :)

Toby E. said...

so nice to hear the news on not making the bed. Now if only my dog would learn that not making it doesn't give her permission to sleep in it, then i could def. have a better and healthier bed!
Going to steal your star idea between paragraphs. maybe my post won't look so much like one big thought with no proper grammer and editing!