Friday, October 05, 2007

If there was a trophy, Scout would be a winner!

...I know my blog has been lacking any substance as of late, and that won't change with today's post. Sorry. :)

Today Noah and I are taking our boxer, Scout, to a dog show at Rhett's school. This is a little worrisome to me. Not that Scout is a bad dog, she is not. She is a very sweet, loving dog who sometimes gets so excited that she is around other people that she jumps on them. I also don't know how she will act around other dogs. I don't think she will be territorial because it won't be at her house, but I hope she won't bark or growl at the other dogs. I am also a little unsure of how Rhett will be. He has been a little afraid of dogs lately. Any dog, even ours. He doesn't like to be near them. Yet, he has told me over and over that he wants Scout there. So we'll see. But I do know that Scout is a beautiful dog and everyone who sees her loves her.

And, no, I didn't even think of taking Brinkley. I would be crazy to take that over-hyper, can't control even with a leash, slobbery, huge lab-something else mix. Love him but only from afar. Just kidding. I do love him. Really. But still not taking him.

Noah asked this morning if there would be a winner at the dog show. I told him I didn't think that it was going to be a contest, just a show. He was disappointed.

Rhett said he thought the whole school would be there at the dog show. Again, disappointment when I said that it was just his class.

I would take pictures, but with my sore arm (yes, still with that tetanus shot!) it will take all my strength just to control my dog. So you'll just have to imagine how things will go. Paint a good picture for me, will you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that Scout behaves herself. Poor Brinkley! Is there ADHD medication for dogs?

Mom

Krista said...

Good luck with Scout! I can find out if there's a "real" dog show, with trophies and everything, in your area sometime soon...

(Mom -- lots of people actually give their dogs Prozac for anxiety...or something called Rescue Remedy. I tried RR on Zack once during a thunderstorm and it didn't work too well.)

Anonymous said...

They are really brave at Rhett's school! I think my mom gives them paper dogs to color & show. Good luck!

Christy

Sherry said...

Good luck with the "show"...hope the arm can withstand the pressure!!