Wednesday, October 03, 2007

a little catch-up

...I need some Advil PM. I just saw a commercial for it. Maybe it will help me sleep through the night. You see, every day since last Monday, my arm has been so achingly sore from the Tetnus shot that I got, that I cannot sleep through the night. Lesson here is: If you ever have to get a Tetnus shot, get it in your hip, not your arm.
****
So the new tv season is upon us. I am so glad to be watching new episodes of The Office and Grey's Anatomy. I also like the new show Chuck. It is hilarious. Pushing Daisies looks pretty interesting too.
****
My neighbor is having a Halloween/Birthday party for her kids next Saturday. The catch is that she wants the adults to dress up too. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in forever. So after careful thought (mostly thinking about what Seth would be willing to dress up if he will at all) I think I will tell Seth to dress as a teacher and I'll dress as his student or teacher's pet. That way he just has to wear regular clothes and I am going to wear those knee high socks with some black shorts and either a white shirt or a sweater and carry an apple. Good idea or no? Oh and by the way, I haven't told Seth this yet. Hee! Hee!
****
Tonight I am going to cook for the first time in over a week. I am looking forward to it. Seth had cooking duty this weekend. He made Peppercorn Turkey Burgers and they were delicious. I think we ate on those for at least 3 days.
****
Allergy season is seriously kicking our rears. We are tired, sneezy, stuffy-nosed, tired, tired, tired! I am ready for a good freeze to kill that ragweed. But on a positive note, my flowers are so pretty outside. The orange and yellow marigolds look so good with my pumpkins.
****
Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

H Noble said...

I'm jealous of your pumpkins! We haven't gotten ours yet.
Hope you guys get to feeling better soon- allergies are the pits.
Have fun at the party! Justin and I dressed up as nurses last year- yes, that means free costumes as I just had to pull scrubs out of the closet! We'll have to try a little harder this year, I imagine.
H

Sherry said...

Your costume sounds cute and easy to do. I love the simple things in life!
I hear you on the allergies..it's bad here too. Meant to be over 80 here today and that's just not normal in Toronto in October!

Amanda said...

Oooo...I love the new shows too AND hate the allergies...we've got them here too!