Thursday, October 11, 2007

just rolling along

...Let's see, this week

*Seth and I had a touch of the flu. His was really worse than mine (isn't that always the case thougth?)
*Both boys were in charge of snacks for a day at their schools. This is a big deal. Picking out the right snack is very important. You can make or break your coolness by bringing the right or wrong snack. Stressful.
*Rhett lost his lunchbox. Again. Sigh. This is because his teacher (God bless her) has a rule about no lunchboxes in their backpacks. Ok. I agree, sort of. In the morning, when their lunchbox is full of yummy, juicy things, don't put it in the backpack so no messes will take place in there. But, in the afternoon? After lunch? When the lunchbox is empty? And little kids can leave their lunch box here or there? Please can we put it in the backpack then? Please?
*I found out the reason Noah does not want to go to Enrichment. Because he misses me. Let's say it together now: Awwww. But, really, I am thinking, "Come on Noah! Go out and enjoy life, my sweet, sweet boy!" So today, he is going to Enrichment. Only because they are making cookies. So, yes, cookies win over time with mommy. And I can understand that. :)
*The boys started their third session in swimming lessons. And I am so excited for them. They are getting really good! No more staying at the shallow end for us!
*Noah's school is celebrating Oklahoma's birthday (100!) this week. I think the actual birthday is next month. Anyway, Noah comes home from school every day saying, "It's Oklahoma's birthday today!" Funny.
*Oh! Because of the dog show on Friday, which went very well, Scout was awesome, Rhett is no longer afraid of her or Brinkley. He is playing with them again and I am so relieved. His teacher really knows what she is doing. See, she sent home a paper explaining 6-year old behavior and one of the things on there was that a lot of 6-year-olds are afraid of dogs. So she had a whole unit on dogs and a dog show. Smart woman.

I think that is it for now. Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

flu is no fun, sounds like you've had your hands full.
Glad that the dog show went well...the teacher is very gifted, to realize how many 6 year olds can be frightened of dogs. I was at that age...it was my cousin's dog that got me over it..he followed me everywhere when we visited and slept at my feet. Came home and my parents decided I was ready for my own. I was.

H Noble said...

Glad things are going more smoothly and kudos to the teacher on the dog bit! Maybe I need to hang out with the 6 year olds to get over my phobia! Ha!

Well, really if my friends' dogs would quit biting me, it might help matters. Just kidding, Amy, if you're reading!
H