Thursday, October 25, 2007

subbing, fires, and food

...Today I was a sub teacher at Noah's preschool. I spent half the time in the 3-4 year old class and the rest of the time with Noah's class. What a difference a year makes. The 3 and 4 year old class were still unsure of themselves whereas the older 4 and 5 year olds knew they were the big kids. That class is all boys too so it was more competitive and "look at me!!" Noah was great though, even with his mom in the class. :) I had a lot of fun. It was good for me to do something out of the norm. It is always good to change up your routine every once in awhile.

***
So these fires in California are so terrible and sad. I really have a heavy heart about it. But I love how people come together and help during tragedies. I wish people wouldn't need things like this to remind them that there is something great about helping others and being kind and caring.

***
Fall is here in full force with cold weather and wind so I have been in the mood to cook! I made a lasagna last night and also made breaded pork chops the other night. I am still using the Deceptively Delicious way and adding vegetables to things and trying to make healthier choices. The lasagna had spinach and although the boys weren't happy about it, they ate it, if only because of dessert. Hey, whatever works.

I am also in the mood to bake and one of the things I made last week was Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Rachael Ray's magazine. They were so yummy! I am going to make them again for the neighborhood fall festival on Sunday and I am so excited to eat them again. Seriously, these were so easy and quick and delicious. But anything with cream sandwiched in between two cookies is good, right?

have a great day!

5 comments:

Toby E. said...

Is that what issue is that recipe in? Currrent one I'm hoping so I can run and get a copy of it.

aimee said...

It is in the October Issue of EveryDay and it is on her website too.

Sherry said...

Cooler weather does bring out the culinary arts doesn't it? We crave comfort food and start making things that will stick to the ribs...or in my case..the hips!! :)

Sounds like you loved your time at school Aimee...I used to help out in the kindergarten once a week when my youngest started..and I loved it. There is just something about working with children that is so satisfying.

Toby E. said...

I'm a total goof! Was looking at the name of the recipe again to find it when I relized you put a link.
Thanks!! I'm a lover of pumpkin recipes!!!

H Noble said...

Those sound wonderful! I will definitely be trying them- anything with pumpkin!
H