Thursday, February 22, 2007

and so it begins

...girls. To a boy, they are a totally different species. And it is funny to watch boys act weird around girls-at least to a mom! :)

Rhett: A few months ago, he liked playing (i.e. jumping on the trampoline) with our neighbor Emily and her friends. They are in junior high and honestly, I know the only reason they played with the boys was because of the trampoline. Then it got colder and we didn't see her for about 2 months. The other day, we were jumping and Emily and her two friends came outside. Noah wanted them to come jump and so I said okay. A few minutes later, they came over and Rhett immediately got off the trampoline. (I was inside watching from the window by this point). I watched him for a few minutes and then asked him why he wasn't jumping. He wouldn't tell me at first because he thought I would be mad, but finally told me he didn't want to jump with girls. (See how different my two boys are?) I said that it was okay and told him that I would take care of it. So we basically told the girls they had to leave in a few moments. I mean, after all, it is Noah and Rhett's trampoline and it was a nice day and I wanted him to play and not sit.

I know, long story, sorry. And honestly, I forgot my point of even telling the story. Maybe it was that I knew it was coming--this aversion (is that the word?) to girls, I just didn't think it would happen so suddenly! And then I have Noah, whom you all know, just loves the ladies. :) And who wants to play with girls. So I guess I am going to have to find a balance.

And that may be tough.

4 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

And then wait until they get to be a little bit older and REALLY like girls! It's an adventure . . . (Of course, I just have girls, but it's kinda the same process with them. They can't stand boys, then they like them, then they date them. A never-ending cycle! lol)

Krista said...

You're going to have so much fun in a few years!

Mallory is always saying that one of the boys in her class is her boyfriend, but I stayed and volunteered in her class for a few hours Tuesday morning and none of the boys interacted with any of the girls at all! I think it's wishful thinking on her part!

Toby E. said...

It's so funny to watch the girls growing too. My girls are such fasionistas when it comes to clothes, but when it comes to activities they are such tomboys. My 7yr old latches on to men due to her mother giving the girls up when she was still a baby. She bonded with her dad so much, that men are who she looks up too. But when you talk to her about growing up, she says she doesn't like boys and will never marry one. "That's just GROSS!" But she plays with the boys as much if not more than the girls in school....too funny.
I can only imagine how it is with boys growing up. It's so cute to watch their changing thoughts.

Listening to the stories of your little "men" make me just pray harder that God blesses us with a little boy one day!

H Noble said...

I love how different they are! Rhett could have been frustrated that they were just bigger, or giggling like that age girls do or something else that he didn't like, not the girls themselves. Just a thought. Cute stuff though!
H