Thursday, February 08, 2007

yum-o and some more

...Yesterday, I made homemade chocolate pudding. I know it seems silly since the Jello mix pudding is very good, especially if you add whipped cream, but there is something about homemade pudding that I just love. The smell is comforting, the fact that you have to stand there and stir it until it is thick and creamy--you cannot do anything else--well it makes you savor every bite. The recipe I got was from Every Day with Rachael Ray (hence the yum-o for the title) and it was delicious.


The photo is from the magazine. I added crushed chocolate peanut butter chip cookies on top of homemade whipped cream (no cool whip for me) and even though it was so rich, Rhett, Noah and I tried to eat every bite!

Here is the link to the recipe:
Chocolate Pudding Parfaits

***
Did you watch Lost last night? Oh wow. You can so tell that Kate loved Jack. I think Sawyer knows it too. And as soon as I saw that bus from afar, I knew what was coming.
***
I had forgotten to mention how excited I am about Harry Potter. Both the movie and the book are coming out this summer! Wow. I am a little sad that this will be the last book. But I so want to know what happens! And for fun, I want to tell you that about a month ago, Seth went into a cellular phone store and the guy that helped him was: Tom Riddle! He gave Seth a business card and Seth gave it to me. Isn't that cool?
***
Today I am trying to finish cleaning house. I do that a lot it seems. But we are having company this weekend! I looked at the Weather Channel the other day and it said that we had a chance of snow/rain mix on Saturday and Rhett started bawling. He said, "I want it to be nice for Daddy's birthday! It won't be any fun for him if it snows!" Sweet boy. I told him it was just a small chance. Can you tell that we are all sick of winter? :)
***
Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

I'm with you on the Jello- it doesn't even measure up to the real stuff!

Hope Seth has a great birthday, no matter what the weather does. :)
H

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am going to admit that I had to Google Tom Riddle. However, I am now in the know - obviously I don't read the Harry Potter books. Since you do, how do you feel about the grown up Harry that is now coming out? Refering to the play he is acting in with the nude scenes. I heard some were protesting the movie now.

I am with Rhett - Say no to snow! :)

Christy