Wednesday, February 28, 2007

do you smell that?

...First to answer a question from Krista, being on a design team means that I am going to create layouts from products that are sent to me from Your Scrapbook Stash. They will be in the store's gallery. It is so people can see a way to use the products and maybe get inspired! :) Thanks for all the congrats by the way--for me and for Rhett.

Second, there is a smell in my house. I don't know what it is but it isn't good. I roasted a chicken last night but I threw away all the bones ect. in the outside trash so that can't be it right? I need to go investigate. Yesterday morning I walked outside and smelled skunk. I hope it didn't die somewhere near my house. Surely that isn't it.

This is short but like I said, I need to go find the source of the smell. Bye for now.

Edited: I found the source! I had forgotten that yesterday, the package that had the chicken leaked and some of the chicken "juice" got on the refrigerator shelf. I was in a hurry, so I used a dishtowel to clean it (then Clorox wipes) and then put the towel in the laundry room. Promptly forgot about it. Whew! So now it is in the washer being sanitized. Mystery solved.

7 comments:

Toby E. said...

Good luck with the smell! I experienced a simular thing this time last year with a smell in my house. I went nuts cause I couldn't figure it out, and I'm a freak when it comes to my house smelling clean (may not always look uncluttered, but it smells clean!) Turned out to be that my husband had been moving some things around in the freezer and set some bags of fish fillets from a catch he made on top of the fridge and forgot them. Took two days to figure it out!
And congrats also on your design team. Sounds like a lot of fun and a huge honor.

Cheryl Wray said...

Ooh, don't you hate it when a smell invades and you don't know where it came from?? Eww...
But SO glad you found the source! lol
And I just read your post from yesterday--
A BIG CONGRATS on the DT!!! So great!!

Krista said...

I made stirfry the other night and maybe got the wok a bit too hot and now our house smells like burnt oil and garlic. Which is not too delicious, but probably not as bad as bad chicken.

Before Chris and I got married he lived in this kind of scary house out in the woods and once a possum crawled underneath and died. That was the worst smell I have ever smelt.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick congratulations on the design team as well as your stellar reader! And also on solving the malodorous mystery...I cried during Grey's anatomy too... They dropped the ball a little on the post-revival sequence of events though. I think Holly would confirm that several hours of rescucitation would not be followed by immediate extubation...

Thinking of you and happy March!

Christy said...

glad you found the mystery smell - i can't stand when i can't figure those things out..

aimee said...

Only a doctor would point out what Grey's Anatomy did wrong...:)

H Noble said...

That cracks me up Julie! You're supposed to put your knowledge aside and let your emotions rein when you're watching TV! :)

Glad you found the smell Aimee. In my first apartment I lost a potato (unknowingly) in my pantry and when I found it it was the consistency of a sponge. (Don't think I didn't try to find the source of the smell- I had a really small pantry and it shared a shelf with the dishtowels, which were covering it.)
H