Thursday, February 01, 2007

no longer impressive

...My sons no longer think snow is a "wow" event. Yesterday, while in line to pick up Rhett from school, I pointed out to Noah that the snowflakes were just getting bigger and bigger. It was beautiful! Noah: yeah, mom. Then when I picked up Rhett, I was commenting on the snow-how big and beautiful- and his response: oh, yeah, uh-huh. I guess I should have expected it. We have had a snow event (that is really what it is because that is all that is on the news when it snows) every week for the past month! So it is only natural that they lose interest in the fact that it is snowing. Especially when they have to go to school. :)

Speaking of impressive, my husband celebrates his 30th birthday in a week and a half! His family is coming in for the occasion (and to also celebrate his mom's b-day too, which is 2 days later) so hopefully, the weather will cooperate (no snow, no freezing temps). Noah thinks his daddy will want a Batman cake. Rhett was adament that Seth would NOT want a Batman cake. R: He is a grown-up Noah! N: Rhett, he can have a Batman cake if he wants BECAUSE he is a grown-up! I think they are both right in a way.

Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I love the story of the Batman cake!! I personally think we should all act like kids more often, so maybe this next birthday I'll get some sort of cartoon chracter cake. Fun!!
Boy, I sure wish we'd just get a LITTLE bit of snow. We actually got sleet last night which was a BIG deal (really pathetic, isn'tit?) but no snow!!

H Noble said...

Its snowing here right now- more than 10 flakes, so we are reallly excited! Its coming straight down, no wind. Beautiful!

Even better since we aren't at work today!!!

Please let us know what kind of cake Seth gets. I'll be wondering. I think I'd either be with Rhett on his SpongeBob cake, or maybe Elastigirl. Tough call!
Holly

Nancy said...

I am still hoping for snow... send some our way in North Carolina!