Friday, February 16, 2007

late-night thoughts

...Some thoughts as I wait for my husband to come home from work. He is working late so doesn't have to this weekend when Julie comes. He is sweet that way.

****
Whoever thought Moon Sand would be a good idea was so wrong. It is still sand. And now it is in your house. All over. On couches. On floors. In clothes. And because you had to wash the molds that come with the moon sand with warm, soapy water because they no longer release the moon sand like they are supposed to, there is now sand in the sink and on your dishes that you washed afterward (with new water).
****
The same goes with Floam. That stuff...is...beyond horrible. It is colored little balls of sticky. And the color stains. But a wonderful lesson was learned from Floam. The boys learned that all things "seen on TV" are NOT as wonderful as they appear to be.
****
What is up with the skinny jean? And who gets to declare that boot-cut jeans are no longer "in style"? Those of us who have bigger calves need those boot-cut jeans, they like those boot-cut jeans, they feel comfortable in those boot-cut jeans. I bought a pair of Donna Karen jeans the other day on clearance. I thought it was a steal. I tried them on at home. They fit...but the bottom part of the pant legs were barely fitting over my calves. Never before have I had a problem with that. Everything else was fine. I am mad at designers who think everyone has a body like those way-too-skinny models. Even if I only paid $6 for they pair.
****
Holly is right. Fun Dip does tear up your mouth. I think I won't be eating it anymore.
****
My house is clean. And it is so nice. I even vacuumed the couches. Well, I had to because of the sand. But they look nice now too.
****
Have you tried dried mango? Or dried blueberries? Yum. The great thing about the blueberries is that they won't stain your fingers like fresh or frozen ones. So the boys can eat them and not have blue fingers. Cool.
****
I'm going to bed. Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't the boys play with that stuff at school? I know that is where my mom uses it and perhaps it is best kept there! :)

Boot cut jeans are still the only way to go for me. And what is more disturbing to me are the guys that wear the skinny jeans. Not a good look.

Christy

Anonymous said...

I always felt that way about play dough. It was hard to get it all back in the little cans, some of it always fell on the carpet where it dried into a hard, stuck-in blob, and the shapes were never as cool as they looked on the box.

Six bucks for a pair of designer jeans is not bad. You are such a good bargain shopper. I don't think that I have the patience!

Have fun with Julie. Tell her hi from me.

Mom

H Noble said...

Oh, too funny. I thought I was the only one with big calves. For the record, I wear boot cut jeans and don't plan to trade them in for straight-leg, or those too-short-not-quite-covering-your-rear jeans. And for that matter, don't think anyone should. But that's my fashion stance for you.

Hope you're having a great weekend with Dr. J.

Sorry you didn't fair better with the FunDip than I did!
H

Krista said...

I agree -- Moon Sand is awful. Mallory got some for her birthday, played with it for about five minutes, and then never asked for it again.

She still likes Floam, though, but I seem to have "lost" the Floam jar.

Have your boys tried Flarp? It's Playdoh that...makes rude noises. The things they make for kids these days!

And skinny jeans...don't get me started!