Wednesday, February 14, 2007

happy heart day and photo recap

...The reason I've been gone:
And a long time it seems to me! I was feeling under the weather (where exactly did that saying come from anyway?) the past two days and didn't feel like doing much of anything. But today is a new day and I'm feeling much better. I need to because Seth is bringing home dinner which includes chocolate obsession cake. Does that not sound wonderful?

Valentine's Day:
I am happy to report that I have 3 Valentines: my husband, of course, who surprised me with a Pottery Barn gift card last night (yipee!) and my two sons who informed me that I was their valentine. Sweet boys. Rhett gets to have his Valentine Party today and Noah is having his tomorrow. They love this holiday because of the candy. Which is really why I love this holiday too. :)

Scrapbooking:

Here is my layout (or altered canvas) for the week. It was fun to do and very easy. I just found some quotes about love, a stamp and some pretty paper and that was it. I placed the heart cookie cutters beside it because I had to mention that because I was sick, I didn't feel like making Valentine cookies this year. The boys were a little disappointed but I did use them on their frozen waffles this morning, so it wasn't a total waste.

A Birthday Recap:
We had a great weekend with Seth's parents and brother and his family. On Friday night, just the four of us had a little party for Seth.

Yes, there are 30 candles on the poppyseed bundt cake (delicious by the way) so Seth had to have help blowing those out! :) Seth was a good sport about it and joked that the pictures of the cake looked like the sun!

align="left">Sunday night, we sang Happy Birthday to Nana (although she and I had already eaten a few pieces of her Chocolate Birthday Roll). That night we also had Chinese food so we each had a fortune cookie too. I think I tried all three desserts that night. Maybe that is why my stomach hurt the next day!
Anyway, that is the last few days. I hope everyone has a little romance in store for Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Those are some bright candles!

Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your cake!

H Noble said...

I love the picture of the boys and Seth with his cake! It's mesmerizing and beautiful! Glad you're feeling better and that you are off the cooking hook tonight.

I'm surprising Justin with a mystery dinner tonight at home. I'm looking forward to it!
H

Abbey said...

Glad you are back. I missed my daily dose of life in Oklahoma!! Pretty soon that will be you and I in front of 30 candles with the glowing sun!