Friday, February 23, 2007

just moments

...I watched my show last night. I have been anxiously waiting for Grey's Anatomy all week and last night I finally got to see the conclusion. I expected to cry. But, funny enough, it was not Meredith's story line that got to me. I think it was too big of a story. What got to me was---Denny. He telling Meredith that all he has is moments where he can feel Izzy. Just momemnts. Oh, it broke my heart. And it made me want to hug my husband. So I did.
****
So, in keeping with the theme today--

Funny moments from the boys:
*There is a song on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack that starts out, "Bam Chicka Bam Bam" but Noah sings it, "Bad chicken bad bad!" And all through supper last night he would blurt this out. Rhett would scream for him to stop because "it will get stuck in my head and never get out!" Did Noah stop? No. I would ask, "What did you do at school?" Noah: Bad Chicken Bad Bad! And so on. He keeps us laughing.
*At Tae Kwon Do they run from one end of the room to the other at the end of class. They are supposed to touch the wall. Noah, who is the smallest of the group and who apparently hates to lose, will be behind everyone and just take a wide loop (not touching the wall, not even getting close to the wall) and end up in front of the rest. He made the instructor just break out laughing.

Moments of frustration:
*Our neighbors put up a huge windchime on their tree in their front yard. This tree is also pretty close to our bedroom window. I like wind chimes, really I do. I just don't like listening to them at midnight when I am trying to go to sleep.
*One day at noon, the phone rings. It is one of my neighbors who has a child Rhett's age. She wanted Rhett to come over and play because she was sick to her stomach and her child was driving her crazy. Uhh, No! I am not sending my son over to your house while you are sick!

Moments I am glad to be me:
*Noah will get out of bed 2 or 3 times before he finally falls asleep. Although I try to be stern with him, I melt because the reason he gets out of bed (ok maybe not the reason, but this is what he says) is to tell me he loves me. "I just want to hug you, Mom." "I just want to tell you I love you, Mom." How can you not just melt? Stinker. :)
*Rhett is not as affectionate as Noah is anymore. But he still manages to sneak in hugs several times a day and still does his, "Mom?...I love you." many times in the course of a day. Sweet.

I hope you have many great "moments" in your day that make you smile and laugh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What made me cry was when Ellis told Meredith that she was anything but ordinary and to run back because she didn't belong there. It was like she gave up her life for Meredith.

Mom

Krista said...

Good for Noah for beating the system!

H Noble said...

I really wish you wouldn't make me cry at work, Aim. What I wouldn't give to hear my child say "I love you Mom!"
H

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey, it's those little moments that make life what it is isn't it?? I love the Noah stories. He just sounds precious!!