Friday, April 27, 2007

bloom


(Peace Lily from Ephemera: http://www.ephemera.org/archives/375.html)

...I had a great post planned, but my camera's battery is not charged (the plug wasn't working, therefore, it the charger wasn't charging) so I will have to wait another day for the pictures of Noah and his super cute festival he had yesterday. He was a knight and had a crown, magic wand and shield. He was awesome.

****

I did want to wish my sweet friend Julie a very Happy Birthday!! Her b-day is tomorrow and I hope you have a fantastic one! Julie has been my friend for so long and I'm very lucky to have her in my life.

****

I also want to say that my peace lily is blooming. This is special to Seth and me because last year at this time, we received the peace lily when his Grandmommy passed away. It is a huge plant and almost didn't make it twice because it was in a hot car during our move last summer. But I cut some leaves off and placed it in a place in my house that gets sun. There are times I forget to water it and it droops, but it always bounces back. I have had to trim it a couple of times because the leaves get so big. I never thought it might bloom again (houseplants do not like me, usually). But, a week ago, I noticed the white blooms coming up. Today, they are tall and about to open up. I love that it is blooming again, one year later. It is like God is reminding us of Grandmommy and what a beautiful, special woman she was. Just like the plant, she was strong and bloomed even after going through hard times.

****

Rhett had a t-ball game last night and he did an awesome job. He caught a fly ball (which is huge in t-ball)! I am so proud of how far he has come. The beginning of the season he was almost afraid of the ball and now he is catching them in the air. Wow! I didn't get to watch it though because I was at Noah's soccer practice. I hope someday I will get to see Rhett and his superstar plays because so far I have missed all of them.

****

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Celebrate those in your life that bloom, even though you may not get to be there for their special days or happen to miss special things that happen to them. Celebrate those that made a difference in your life. Celebrate those who love you. Take extra care of those relationships.

And remember to water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing--your plant blooming almost exactly a year later. Thank you for the nice things you said about Mother. Some days I still miss her so much. Love, Sandy

H Noble said...

That is so special Aimee. Thank you for reminding us to take time for the special things, and to thank God for the blessings in our lives.
H

Christy said...

love this post.. so weet and true!! am so happy that the plant is blooming - what a speacial time too =)