Monday, April 23, 2007

just some randomness today

...I haven't blogged in awhile so I guess I better catch up. I really have no thoughts today on what to blog on though. So here are some random Aimee things:

*We watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition last night as a family, instead of our normal movie for our "movie night." I wanted to watch it because it was a family from Lawton, Oklahoma. The dad was in Iraq when he was injured and paralyzed. Then, 18 months later, he and his family had a car accident that resulted in his young son being paralyzed as well. It was very moving, as always. I think it was good that Rhett and Noah watched it. Hopefully, it made them realize how lucky they are.

*Yesterday was Earth Day. We are really trying to be more aware about the environment. We are recycling more and are going to use those little weird looking lightbulbs, ect. I think if everyone did something small, it would add up to something bigger. I just want the world to still be a good place to live when my kids (and their kids) get older.

*I love our neighborhood. There are so many boys around! I think it will be a lot of fun this summer. They can all go from house to house.

*The sandbox is finished!! It looks great! I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Rhett and Noah love it! They played most the afternoon on Saturday in it (and yes, some of the neighborhhood boys came over for a while too!)

*We joined the church we have been going to yesterday. I am so excited about this church. I feel so comfortable there and think it will be a great place to raise our kids.

Okay, I think that is it for now. Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Toby E. said...

Some wonderful thoughts!

We've been using those squiggle light bulbs for about 2 years now. Not only are they better for the enviornment, they really do make a dent in your electric bill! And they do last a long time. We've moved 2 times since we started using them, and they have moved both times with us and are still burning strong! So even if they do cost more to buy, they save way more in the end!