Monday, November 13, 2006

brothers and sisters


...I have a new favorite show: Brothers and Sisters. It is really a great show about family. I love that no matter what the problem, they always are there for each other. They make each other mad, even crazy sometimes, but they love one another fiercely! It reminds me of my family. We have been through some stuff, as every family I am sure, these past few years and I think it has only made our relationships stronger. And it has made me very thankful for
7. my big family
I have always been a fan of big families. My grandfather has 5 brothers and sisters (all still living--my family has great genes) and I loved the times when all of them, with their children and grandchildren, got together. Now I love when we all get together with our children. 7 little ones running around is so much fun! And total chaos but that is okay. I love that we are not perfect, that we have problems, because that makes us normal and strong. I love that we are there for each other. I love that we have kids around the same age. I love that we can laugh and have a great time but also know when to hug and cry. I am always so excited to see them and always so sad to see them go. Yesterday, I was sad because I knew on Sunday in 2 weeks, my family would be leaving my house. (Isn't that funny? They haven't even come yet and I am already sad that they will be leaving!)
Families come in all shapes and sizes and they are always changing. But, just remember, as Rachael Ray said, "Families who eat together, stay together!" :)

3 comments:

Krista said...

I know what you mean about feeling sad in advance! I do that too...hey, we must be related or something!

I can't wait to see you!

H Noble said...

Oh, I'm ready to see my family!!! Great post!
H

Unknown said...

I love that show tooo -- it is fantastic!