Thursday, November 30, 2006

holy jellybeans

...That is what my sons are saying this morning, "Holy Jellybeans! Look at the snow!" "Holy camoly! Look at the trampoline covered with snow!" "Holy smokes! Look at the street!" You get the point. My kids have been watching too many superhero shows, I guess. But I love their excitement!

They were also excited to find out that school had been cancelled. It is funny, last night before any of this started, they were cancelling things. I remember when I was in school, you had to wait until the snow was actually falling to cancel anything. Don't get me wrong--I was hoping they would cancel. Two hours of school is not worth driving back and forth in ice and snow.

So hopefully, this afternoon, we will get to go out and play. I don't know how long the snow will last, but I hope at least a day. I will try to get some pictures.

If the weather is bad in your neck of the woods, stay safe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We start 2 hours late here in Lubbock. It was a mess this morning. We'll see how many of my little darlings show up!
Christy

Cheryl Wray said...

My kids would absolutely KILL to have a snow day!! They dream about them, but we haven't had a snow in like 4-5 years. It stinks!!
Holy Camoly! I love it... although I personally like to say, "Neato Frito"! lol

Krista said...

Glad you got your snow day! Send it our way!

Nancy said...

Fun, fun, fun, and lucky you! I love snow... but we rarely get it. It was in the high 60's here today. I bet the kids loved a snow day away from school... those were the best days of the entire year when I was teaching. I was worse than the kids. ENJOY!

H Noble said...

How fun! Hope you have a fun day and get to go play in the snow.
We're just having cold wind and a few snow flurries but its still nice!
H