Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

...So, my mom turns 30 tomorrow! At least, that is what Rhett thinks and I am too good of a daughter to tell otherwise! :) I do have to say my mom does not look her age at all and that is good for her daughters. Hopefully, we got her genes.

My mom is someone I am very thankful for. I have many reasons why so I'll just write a list. Can you tell that I like lists?

1. She is a fantastic grandmom.
2. She helped me realize that you never stop being a mom--no matter how old your kids are.
3. She is always there for her kids and her grandkids.
4. She is a wonderful role model.
5. She has great taste.
6. Her love of Broadway musicals, The Beatles, and great musical movies.
7. She always makes her pies from scratch. And there truly is a difference.
8. She always made us a home-cooked meal--even after a full day of teaching. I never realized how special that was until I became a mom.
9. She is beautiful, inside and out.
10. She is an awesome teacher.
11. She believes in us.
12. She dragged us out of bed at 3 am in the morning to see (or not see) Haley's Comet. It was cold and we could not see a thing, but the point is she and dad made us try.
13. She passed on her love of books to her children.
14. She let us get real Christmas trees for many years. I love that smell.
15. She took pictures of us every year on the first day of school.
16. She made Casey and me two different cakes for our birthdays. That was a big deal. She could have just fixed one. But she made two.
17. I only heard her curse once. But when she did, it made me love her more. Why? Because I was a teenager and thought it was cool. :)
18. She is creative.
19. She has played the organ for the church for as long as I can remember. I don't even think she gets paid for it anymore, but she just does it. She taught me to do things for others and do right by God.
20. Because she is my mom. And because of her, I strive to be the best mom I can be. I love you Mom!

Have a wonderful birthday!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Aimee. What a great gift! Give Rhett a big hug for me. It's always nice when someone thinks that one is half one's real age.

Mom

Cheryl Wray said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!! She sounds like a truly WONDERFUL person who has really impacted you! I hope she had a wonderful day!!!

Krista said...

I agree with every word!

Nancy said...

Your Mom sounds like a lovely lady and you are very BLESSED! I really enjoyed getting to know her through your words. Your expression of love is priceless. Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Nancy

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday Karen!
My mom's birthday is today, but since she doesn't read our blog, I'll just tell you how much our moms really do mean to us. :)
Holly