Tuesday, November 07, 2006

like a good neighbor

...The fifth thing on my thankful list is something I am so excited about. When we lived in Midland, we didn't have this. Now, here, we do and I am so thankful

5. For good neighbors
Our neighbors have welcomed us with open arms, have been friendly toward us, they have helped us become familar with Edmond and they actually act like they mean all of this. I realize (now after not having them) that good neighbors are hard to find. Living in the country growing up, I had one neighbor--my grandparents and they were supposed to love us. It is so nice to be able to be able to trust your neighbors with things such as babysitting your kids, watching our house while we are away for the weekend, sending your kids to play with their kids and not worry. And all of this good neighborly stuff makes me want to be a good neighbor back. It makes it easy to be a good neighbor. This is one reason I love Edmond so much: My neighborhood.

I feel lucky.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I am glad you have good neighbors. It really does make a difference, doesn't it? We have one set of really good neighbors and one set of weirdos so I guess we're halfway lucky!

Nancy said...

How special to have a great neighborhood with good neighbors... I live in the country and we have great neighbors within a mile but that is nothing like next door. Great neighbors...that is a blessing indeed!