Wednesday, November 15, 2006

days like this

...are good just to stay under your covers, not go out at all. Unfortunately, we had to get up, go to work (Seth), get on the bus for school (Rhett), drive Noah to school (me), and be carried into school because it was so windy and cold that we had to hurry (Noah). Yes, Noah got off easy. The wind is terrible--we had to make sure everything was secure outside last night and thank goodness we did because our trampoline would have blown away by now.

It is hard to be thankful for days like this, because I don't like the wind. It makes my head hurt, my hair messy and my bones cold. But I guess it is days like this that make you appreciate the comfort of your home, the warmth of your bed, the roof over your head. It makes you appreciate all those things you have that keep you safe and dry and warm. Others aren't so lucky.

Here's hoping you are safe and warm today. And here's hoping we don't blow away...

4 comments:

H Noble said...

The wind is horrible here today too. That coupled with the electricity going off at 5 am, a full hour before we have to get up, put me in a little bit of a mood. But since we were both awake at 5 anyway, Justin suggested we go ahead and get ready for work and start the day at IHOP. Fabulous idea!
A- I had their pumpkin pancakes and they were wonderful! I haven't tried yours yet myself though.
H

Anonymous said...

I second the "wind is horrible" comment. The only good thing about the wind here in Lubbock was that it really didn't pick up the dirt that it does in the spring. I know many of us have memories of walking across Tech campus on a windy spring day with dirt in our hair, teeth and ears. Yuck!

Christy

Nancy said...

We get your weather tonight with wind and storm advisiories. I guess the blessing in all of this would be when it is over or that no damage was experienced during the storm. Tomorrow will be a better day!

H Noble said...

Man yesterday as something else. Wind like that just doesn't occur like that here, often. We made the best of it with IHOP though, ;)

J