Thursday, November 09, 2006

show and tell

...I took a break yesterday from doing what I was supposed to be doing and we did something that was a whole lot of fun. We made Christmas trees!







I saw the idea for the paper trees in Creating Keepsakes and had to make my own. The boys helped with the glitter and cutting the strips. The beaded tree took a little more time, but it turned out pretty too. I really went tree crazy because I also am making trees with fall colors. I just had too much fun.

#6 on my Thankful List is:
*Goof-off Days
I really could have waited to do these trees until December. Especially since Thnaksgiving is a mere two weeks away and my house is a complete mess and I need to do some things to get ready for my family coming, but it was one of those days. You know the days when you feel like you are in a rut and just can't bear to do one more load of laundry or pick up one more toy? That was me yesterday. So when Rhett came in wanting to do a craft, I jumped up and said, "Let's go to Hobby Lobby!"

I love goof-off days.

6 comments:

Krista said...

I have to say, in addition to being really creative, you're a really cool mom. When Mallory wants to do a craft I hand her a sheet of crumpled paper and a chewed-up crayon and tell her to draw something. I think she needs to come to your house for arts and crafts summer camp!

aimee said...

Krista-that would be great! Just send her on over! :)

Nancy said...

I love your trees! You are so creative and how lucky to have a Hobby Lobby! Now that is a blessing indeed.

Anonymous said...

I saw those trees and wanted to make some of them. They are really neat!

Mom

H Noble said...

Wonderful! I spent an hour at Hobby Lobby after work today. The girls in my Bible study and our husbands are having a Thanksgiving party tomorrow evening and and I'm in charge of decorations. I had no idea that all of the fall stuff was 50% off. I loaded up the cart!!

Your trees are very cute! And I love goof-off days too.
Holly

Unknown said...

Oh I want to make these too --- they are too cute!! You have inspired me!