Thursday, November 02, 2006

cowboy up!

I have my issues with Wal-mart. A lot of issues. It is always crowded, I can never find everything I am looking for, and its ethics are sometimes lacking, to name a few. But I have to give credit where credit is due. Because of Wal-mart, I have my #2 thing I am thankful for:

2. Cowboys boots.



My son is deliriously happy today because yesterday he got cowboy boots. This is something he has wanted for a very long time and I was really going to wait until Christmas, because they are expensive. But the other day, I found that Wal-mart has them for $15. That is great! That means we don't have to shell out some bucks for him to try boots and decide he doesn't like them. Or only wear them for a month before he outgrows them (his feet grow like weeds!) He hasn't taken them off since yesterday. He wore them with a pair of carpenter jeans today. It looked a little silly but I didn't say anything. I just went out and bought him some boot-cut jeans, told them to try those and really buttered him up--"Now, those are cowboy jeans! You look amazing!" And he said, "Let's take a picture!" So I did. And just look at him posing for the camera. Isn't he something?

It is a little thing. But it made my son so happy. I hope that today you find something small thing that makes you happy.




BTW, here is a link to Krista's book. It is an amazing story of a woman and her family who made a fresh start in West Texas. And what is so neat is that woman happened to be my great-grandmother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie in the boots!

Did you know we are up to four WalMarts here in Lubbock now? I know it doesn't sound like many to some of you who live in the big cities, but several of you readers lived in Lubbock at one time and that seems like a few too many for a town our size.

Now I will give it up for the new Super Target that opened on MSharp Freeway. I LOVE Target!

Christy

Krista said...

He looks great! (Remember how our brother used to wear cowboy boots with his shorts? That's even less fashionable than carpenter jeans!)

I try to avoid Walmart too, but I'm in Target at least twice a week...

aimee said...

Last week, I think I hit Target 4 times. Sadly, no cowboy boots for boys there....

Anonymous said...

He looks really good. I remember Casey wearing his boots with shorts and a flannel shirt!

Mom

H Noble said...

How cute! Yes, I have a problem with WalMart's ethics too, but they are so convenient! And the WalMart Neighborhood Market grocery store is literally across the street from our neighborhood. I do have to say though that when I go to Target, I always leave without something I went for, so I don't think they are so great either.

Love the boots though!
And thanks for the link!
H