Wednesday, January 31, 2007

brr...azil??

...Whenever I play Trivial pursuit with my family, it never fails that I make them laugh because of the dumb answers I provide. Years ago, Seth and I were playing with my mom on a day much like today--cold and snowy--and I had to answer a geography question. I had no clue as to what the answer could be so Seth gave me a clue. He hugged his arms to his chest like he was cold and said, "Brrr." I thought a moment then said, "Brr..azil?" Brazil. He looked at me and then burst out laughing. So did my mom because she knew the answer: Chile. He was pretending it was chilly. Chilly, Chile. Ha! Ha!

I thought of that today while driving home from the grocery store. I said, "Brr!" out loud and then said "Brazil!" I am sure other drivers were looking at me strangely because I was laughing by myself. :)

If you ever get a chance to play Trivial Pursuit with me, I guarantee you will laugh at me and my answers at least once! I make it interesting that is for sure.

Ann-Margret!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet some people don't know the joke with Ann Maragret! Sandy

Krista said...

How about the time you thought the answer was "The Joy of Sex" but you wouldn't say it because Mom was in the room!

Good times.

Nancy said...

I am with you on that game. If the two of us played, there could be no winners but us... that is the only way I could win. Brrr... I agree.

Anonymous said...

I remember the time that every answer you gave was Queen Elizabeth until you got the question that QE was the right answer, and you said something else!

Mom

H Noble said...

That's hilarious! Some of our friends gave us the 80's Edition of Trivial Pursuit for Christmas and it is hard!
We laughed hysterically as we tried though- it was an evening full of creative clues!
H