Thursday, August 23, 2007

an anniversary to remember


...Here is Seth and me, right after eating his present. Ha! Actually, I cooked a short ribs and rice dish for him and then baked him a Blueberry Cheesecake. Both delicious!

I wish I was a better food photographer than I am because this picture does not do this cheesecake justice. It was the easiest recipe and although I don't know all the tricks on baking a cheesecake, it turned out so yummy!

Now, on to my gift. Seth may not like me telling this story but it just shows how cute he is. The other day he said he had already picked out my gift. Then, a little later, he said he wasn't sure I would like it. So he showed it to me online. It was a beautiful James Avery necklace but I decided to be honest and say that I don't think I would wear it that often because it was too dressy. I felt bad about deflating him, but I didn't want him to get me something and me not wear it, you know?

Then I was asking what gift you should give for a 9th anniversary and we looked it up and saw leather. So I said, "You should get me a purse!" He laughed and said, "Yeah, right"

Fast forward to Tuesday night. I had dinner with friends, so I dropped the boys off with Seth. When I got home around 9:30 pm, Seth said he found my present and he knew I wouldn't like it but I could return it. He removes a purse from a Dillards bag! And, I am going to sound so mean here, but I started laughing because as cute as I thought he was, I did not like the bag! I actually said to him that it was an old lady bag! Hee! But it was all in good fun because I knew by then that he dragged the boys to 3 different stores looking for this thing: Coach, Brighton and Dillards. So I really appreciate his effort because how many men do you know that would look for a purse for their wife without her there? I don't know many. :)

So, yesterday, Noah and I went back to Dillard's to return the bag and find one I liked better. And here is what I found, on clearance, no less, so I bought 2!

A beautiful Kate Landry bag that has a soft lining and many pockets and places to put things. I saw this and instantly loved it! It is fun and different. Seth just shook his head and said he would have never picked that out in a million years. :)

And my second bag (also on clearance) is a Flora Bella beach bag. It is huge and will carry more than one towel, unlike my old one. It just makes me happy looking at it!

So thank you, Seth, for my bags! I think I had more fun picking them out than you did, but I love that you thought of buying me a purse, even when you knew it would be impossible to find one I liked without me!

We had a great anniversary. Thanks to our parents for the cards and thanks to you all for the happy wishes!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

His father taught him very well to at least try to do something special. Seth is a very thoughtful person--sometimes he just doesn't know it. Glad you had a great day. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Glad your anniversary evening went well. Love the bags - I have Casey trained to spot a real Coach purse now. He knows I love them and he points them out to me everywhere. Also, great picture of the two of you! (Oh, and the cheesecake! :)

Christy

H Noble said...

Fun pictures! Happy belated anniversary, and I'm glad you had a good one. Love the bags too!

Actually Justin has bought me a purse before, and he has impeccable taste. You never know!
H

Amanda said...

How sweet! Love your bags!

Christy said...

you guys make such a cute couple.. looks like very yummy food.. awww what a cute story!! and love the purse and bag you got!! sounds like a great anniversary.. =)