Tuesday, August 28, 2007

i'm free

...of recipe clutter, that is. No more pages torn out of magazines, no more newspaper clippings, no more scraps of paper with recipes written on them...they are all in the recycle bin where they belong. Whew.

Now, before you get all proud of me, I have to tell you what I did and what made Seth look at me like I was crazy. I typed all my favorite recipes (from said clippings and magazines) and then printed them out and put them in a binder. One notebook full of things that I have tried and loved or am dying to try. It took me about a month, working on and off, but I am done with my recipe project. And hopefully, I will keep up with it, so instead of piles of recipes cluttering my kitchen cabinet, I will just type it out and keep it on the computer. Hopefully this will really make me stop and make sure I really want the recipe. Do I really think it is type-out wonderful? Will we really eat this ever again, because if not I am not wasting my time typing it out! :) Yes, I realize this was not the most efficient way of handling things, but it worked for me.

And the Berenstein Bears would be proud of me--I re-organized the boys closets and toys, putting them in catagorized boxes and even finding missing items (like Noah's Little Dog that was missing for 2 months.) There rooms look great and I will not be losing my cool anymore like Mama Bear did in The Berenstein Bears and the Messy Room.

So, I feel a little more free today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea Little Dog was missing - yikes! Glad you are organized, I am still working on it!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Okay. I will have all my recipes out and ready the next time I see you. I have wanted to do that, but haven't found the time yet. Every time I look at them I think--I will get this one. Hurray for you. Sandy

Anonymous said...

There is a Little Dog at Jana's that Isabael insisted belonged to Rhett, but I think that I forgot it when I left. It is really clean and new-looking.

Mom

Amanda said...

Oh my! You are welcome at my house anytime. I am procrastinating Austin's closet! Whew...you rock! And as for organizing your recipes...I think it is a fabulous idea...remember if it works for YOU then it is perfect!

Krista said...

I would also like to solicit your organizing services. Yay for decluttering!

H Noble said...

Oh, Aimee. I really never thought that people would go to you for organizational help! No, I'm kidding. Your home is beautiful and you are a great mom- and I second what the lady said about it being perfect if it works for you!
H