Monday, August 06, 2007

loving

...

1. Steve and Barry's : I have heard a few things about this store over the years, but most recently when Sarah Jessica Parker put her own clothing line in the store. So, being a SJP fan, I had to check it out. Bummed that they didn't have an online store, I immediately became excited when I found out there was a store in OKC! So yesterday(Tax Free Day) we went to a mall, a little out of the way, a little run down for our taste, but it was so worth it for me! I found jeans, I found t-shirts, I found nice shirts...everything under $20. Everything good quality. Love it! I will be going back...especially since we found an outside entrance to the store. That way we don't have to go into the mall itself.

2. My friend/neighbor and her comment that she thinks Pottery Barn is trying to take over the world because they now have Superhero bedding. :)

3. Noah being just like me. Last night I went into his room and found that he had written his name on his nightstand. I asked him if he did that, he nodded, looking scared, and knowing in my heart that I could not discipline him for it (because I, yes me, did exactly the same thing as a kid--maybe not on a nightstand but I drew on my sisters' dolls, I wrote my brother's name on the walls, you get the picture) I told Noah to go get daddy. So Seth had to discipline him. When will those kids learn--write your brother's name, not your own! :)

4. that my best friend is having a baby on Friday! Christy has a c-section planned for this Friday and I am so excited to meet her little boy! Keep her, her husband and that sweet baby-yet-to-be-born in your prayers that everything goes as planned and the baby and mom is healthy and safe!

5. that my dad and mom are going to go to a PGA tournament this weekend. I am so excited for my dad! I hope they have a good time. It is in Tulsa, so they (along with my brother) are coming here for the weekend. But, of course, it if finally getting hot (upper 90s) and no rain in sight to cool anything off, so I hope there is a lot of shade at Southern Hills golf course.

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

H Noble said...

Congrats and good luck to Christy! I know they are so excited and a little scared. Be sure you post when you hear something from them!!

H

Abbey said...

It's funny you mentioned writing your brothers name. I was just telling Joel that story the other day about how you didn't make the s backwards! No wonder you couldn't punish Noah.

Anonymous said...

Lots of news today. Thanks for including us. I am getting pretty nervous, so I appreciate the good thoughts!

I've shopped Steve & Barry's in Abilene - really liked it. You and I are two of a kind - I too went online to find the Bitten brand. You are also brave to have gone out on tax free weekend!

Christy

Amanda said...

How fun...will have to check out Steve and Barry's!