Thursday, August 02, 2007

miss do-it-yourself

...Yep, that is me. At least that is what I thought last night, while trying to finish my buffet cabinet. I was just pretty darn proud of myself. Then, the unthinkable happened--I had problems! The doors wouldn't all fit because the hinges were too big. Frustration building, I went in from the very warm garage from where I was working to the nice cool house where Seth was and asked him what he would think if I left some doors off. I wanted him to say, "That is a fantastic idea, Aimee. I think that would look very cool!"

Uh, no. That is not what he said, as you can imagine. This is engineer Seth, you know. He said basically that doors would be better.

So back to the garage. I thought a little and figured out a way to fit them. And I finished it. It looks pretty good-not professionally done-but pretty good. I will show a picture when I have it in the kitchen (right now it is still in the garage). And I still am proud that I did it all by myself and that I didn't hand the project over to Seth when I became frustrated.

Now that this project is over, I can safely say that I am glad it is done and I am glad I don't have to do anymore sanding and drilling! And I think Miss Do-It-Yourself is putting her tool belt, paint brushes and sandpaper away for awhile.

6 comments:

Abbey said...

I can't wait to see pictures! Hopefully this means a trip to see us is in the future. Last summer, I took on the project of sanding and restaining an old dresser Joel's granddad made. It was a lot of work in the hot garage! Fortunately my dad was here and he helped me!

Anonymous said...

I am more than happy to hand over all my fix it projects over to Casey. I am sooo glad I married someone who is great at that stuff! I know your projects always turn out so well done - I'm sure it looks wonderful.

Christy

Amanda said...

Way to Go on finishing the project! You rock!

H Noble said...

Good for you! The baby's dresser is still sitting untouched in our hot garage, but we have to get our floor finished first- priorities!
H

Krista said...

See, just the idea of a hot garage would've prevented me from even getting started, so good for you! Can't wait to see it!

Mandy said...

You go girl!! Can't wiat to see pics of the finished project!