Friday, August 17, 2007

last day of summer bliss

...for Rhett anyway. He asked yesterday how long he would have to go to school and was shocked to find out that it was everyday, all day. He asked: But when am I going to see you, Mom? Sweet boy.

I, personally, am ready for school to begin. (Doesn't every mother say that?) Rhett and Noah are finally sick of Spongebob (especially after last week when they watch a lot of tv because of Rhett's illness), it is too hot outside to, well, be outside, they are bored of playing and bored of coloring and just bored. So guess what? They are always following me around while I putter around the house trying to get things done! I won't lie to you, it is annoying. :) So I think school will be nice for them. For Rhett. Noah still has two weeks to go...

****
You can tell Rhett is getting older. He is trying to use big words and use sayings that he hears adults use. It is pretty cute. This morning he wanted me to look up the cost of what a Game Boy and a Playstation would be because he is saving his money. When I told him the price of a Playstation 3, which is over $300, he said, May God help us all! I almost burst out laughing.

****
Noah is taking swimming lessons at Seth's work and is doing so well! Yesterday was the first chance I had to watch him and I was so impressed. He is learning basic strokes! I am excited for him. I really never learned the correct strokes so when I swim, it is pretty hilarious to people watching me, I am sure. I told Seth to sign me up for swimming lessons too!

****
All in all, I think that this has been a great summer. Lazy afternoons at the pool, getting to see cousins, playing with friends, neighborhood bar-b-ques, watching lots of cartoons, trip to St. Louis, getting to sleep in (ok, that is more my thing, not the boys. Hee!), it has been fun.

And I know that this school year will be a lot of fun too.

2 comments:

Krista said...

May God help us all! Ha!

Amanda said...

Good luck as you enter school!