Monday, August 20, 2007

seeing it all



...Today is Rhett's first day of First Grade!! Can you believe it? I can hardly myself. I think he thinks he is going to be at school forever and never get to come home because he keeps saying things like, "I'm never gonna get to play with my friends again!' or "I'll never see you!" so I try to assure him that he will be home soon. :)


Rhett is such a creature of habit. On the bus, he sat in the exact same seat as last year. He sat in that seat every day last year. I'll have to ask him if he thinks he has to sit in the same seat every time.


If you want to really see how much he has grown, then look at this post: Rhett's First Day of Kindergarten. Amazing really. I am excited for him. I think he will have a great year.


****



This was taken on Saturday. If you saw the news, Oklahoma had unusual weather early Sunday morning. But it started out normal enough: just rain from the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin. I told Seth I thought it was so weird knowing that the rain was from a tropical storm, us being so far inland. The boys had fun in the rain, playing in the puddles. It rained on and off all day Saturday.


Then, the "remnants" of Erin formed into a tropical depression right over Oklahoma! This happened right around midnight and Seth and I ended up watching the weather on and off all night long. Honestly, I had never seen so much rain fall that hard for that long in my life. It just wouldn't stop! I think it rained hard from midnight to about 7 in the morning. It is funny that even living in Houston for two years, I had to come to Oklahoma to experience a tropical storm. And now I can say I have seen almost every type of weather here--just in one year of living here!


Luckily, we weren't flooded. Areas around us were and still are. Some schools cancelled their first days because of the high water. Which is amazing--they already had to use a snow day!


****


Now the sun is shining and hopefully, the hot hot weather is gone. It still will be hot and humid, but maybe not over 100 degrees hot. I think I'll take Noah to the pool a little later today to pass the time before Rhett gets home. (Just do me a favor and don't mention that to Rhett, kay?)


4 comments:

Krista said...

He's so grown up! It's amazing. And how funny that he sits in the same seat every day!

Glad you didn't get flooded. Send some rain our way, we need it desperately.

Anonymous said...

Wow! First grade already. It makes me teary to think about him and Nicolas being in first grade and Mallory in kindergarten.

It is miserably hot in El Paso. It didn't even cool off much last night. We could use some rain too.

Mom

Amanda said...

How cute! Wish we had some of that rain you guys did...we are SO dry here!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aimee - he looks so grown up! Please post about how the first day went.

Christy