Saturday, August 04, 2007

i have photos!

...Good Saturday to you! I have been trying to do 10 things at the same time but thought I would take a little break to post some pictures (long-awaited, I am sure!) here.

This is my buffet. If you had ever seen it before (white-washed, different colored doors), you know there is a big difference. I really am enjoying it because it has freed up some very needed space in my kitchen! Yay!
This is my entry way view from the front door. I really wanted to show you the paint color. It is neutral but it looks so much better than it did! No more dirty walls, no more spots of mismatched paint, just nice and clean looking. Usually, the chairs are where I place my purse and other things so it looks a little messier than this!
I just wanted to show you a picture of this beautiful sky. About a week and a half ago, the sky became very dark and I looked out the window and I saw all these clouds, rolling by. The picture does not do it justice because it was absolutely breath-taking. It looked like waves of clouds, moving so quickly. 20 minutes later, it began to rain. And that was the last rain storm we have had. A record for here! :)
These last pictures remind me all of what was great about summertime growing up. Locust skins! I can remember going to our willow tree in the back yard and finding these skins (although we never found this many at one time!) and placing them on our shirts. They would attach to almost anything. About a week ago, I was out by our neighbor's willow tree and found these all over our fence. I showed the boys what they were and what they could do with them and ever since then, they have collected skins almost every day! They have a cupful. It is kind of creepy looking at all of the skins in one place but I have to laugh because the boys have so much fun with them.
Seth put these on Noah's shirt to "freak Mommy out" the other day but what really freaked me out was when Seth caught a live locust and started chasing me around with it. It was making a loud crazy noise (the locust, not the husband) and its wings were moving as fast as they could and I could not take it! :) The boys thought it was hilarious!
I think the boys are learning more and more about their mom all the time. They already know so much about me and the things they know...
For instance, the other day I was cleaning the house. I was trying to really clean it because I hadn't done that in awhile. Rhett, out of the blue, asks if Grandmom is coming to our house. I told him, well, not right now, why? He said, "Because you are cleaning!"
Have a great weekend! I am going to clean the house--because Grandmom is really coming in less than a week! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on the buffet. It doesn't look like the same piece. The clouds were beautiful, but the pictures of Noah are not. I don't think I could stand those skins on me even if they were just the skins. Sandy

Erica said...

Love the red wall. Wish my husband would let me add color to the house. :)

And those bug skins would creep me out! I know this boyu of mine is going to surprise me with some bugs.

Amanda said...

Great buffet! Looks like you bought it that way! Oh and the housecleaning thing was funny! Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The buffet looks great in the kitchen. Can't wait to see the craft room redo.

I agree with the skins - yuck! Glad the boys are having fun with them though - that doesn't surprise me with those two!

Christy

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about locust skins. What fun for the boys. They really are a little creepy looking, though.

The buffet looks great. I can hardly wait to see it.

Mom

Krista said...

Buffet looks great! The locusts are creepy. And the only time I really clean my house is when Grandmom is coming!

H Noble said...

It looks beautiful Aimee!! I love it! Now I really do want you to come help with our baby's dresser! :)

Hate the locust skins- they always freaked me out and Kelly would chase me with them. Yuck!

And I have two different levels of cleaning too- my clean and when my mom is coming! That is too funny!
H