Friday, August 10, 2007

what a beautiful morning

...and I should know because I have been up since 5:30 am. :)

This is why:

*My parents and brother got up that early to drive to Tulsa, OK so they can attend the PGA golf championship. I think Mom is more excited than the other two! I am worried about the heat, so I made sure that they had plenty of things to keep them cool: big umbrellas for shade, misters for their faces, sunscreen, water, frozen grapes...Never mind that they can't bring any coolers in the tournament, at least they'll have some of it for later...

*Casey's son, Cameron, is an early riser. I went for a walk at 6:30 and when I got back, he was already awake and watching tv. So no sleeping late for me today no matter what!

*Christy is supposed to be having her baby today, at 7 am, so I have been wondering about her. I am anxiously awaiting...

*I was worried about Rhett and hoping he wouldn't have "the fever" today. (That is what Rhett says: "Uncle Casey, I can't go to swim lessons because I have the fever." "I can't jump on the trampoline because I still have the fever." Very funny. I keep thinking Dance Fever whenever he says that.) Anyway, I was going to have to call the doctor back and was not looking forward to taking 3 boys to the dr and not looking forward to Rhett not being well for another day, poor guy, but happily, the fever was gone when he woke up. Yay! (And now that I have spelled the word "fever" so many times, it looks funny to me. Has that ever happened to you?)

*Seth is going to Dallas today to meet his dad and brother so they can watch baseball this weekend. I am excited for them. I hope they have a good time!

So all these things made it impossible for me to go back to sleep when Seth's alarm went off at 5:30 am this morning. But I did get to enjoy 70 degree weather while walking and that was nice, because it won't stay that way for long.

I hope you had a good morning and have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Sounds like a fun morning, with tons of activity, even though it was early!

Hope they had a good time and weren't too hot. We're finally topping 100 here and I'm not enjoying it!

Any word on Christy??????

H

Amanda said...

While you didn't get to sleep late at least things sound like they are going great! Hope you have a great weekend!